LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

49ers Resign Carlos Rogers to a 4 Year Deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Discount Double Check

Double Discount Double Check!!!!
Signing Rogers means our developing 2011 defense remains intact, while our offense improves.
The NfC teams are filling their drawers.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
This is awesome news. I thought for sure when we signed Cox and were talking with Eric Wright and Bradon Carr that Rogers would be gone. Im glad to have him back!
It amazes me how so many people don't know the difference between resign and re-sign... SMH
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I just realized this.

For the 49ers, re-signing Rogers keeps in place their 11 starters on defense from last season.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
It amazes me how so many people don't know the difference between resign and re-sign... SMH
Eh how many are on a phone? I usually just do it as re sign.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
YEHH BUDDY!
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
glad they signed carlos, just don't match him up against cruz.

Cruz came out of the slot man. Thats insane to guard against with a talent like him. Rogers did an amazing job especially in the 2nd half
Stoked as hell. Rogers was the best on the market and he'll have a full of season with the team. 11 out ot of 11 back!
  • rrsis
  • Veteran
nice ! win .

Originally posted by mayo49:
I just realized this.

For the 49ers, re-signing Rogers keeps in place their 11 starters on defense from last season.

and we can utilize a portion of the draft for more depth on our strong D
Defense is set!
Best move of the offseason if we sign ginn I think all 3 phases will be just as good as last yr! Ww
Such as great move to keep the defense completely intact. With all the noise the Moss and Cox signings have seemed to make, they are low risk, very low money deals. Basically Baalke is keeping the band together while looking to add a couple WR's. Good teams keep their core players which is what they are doing. They have to add WR's though....there are only 3 on the roster!
Originally posted by goldenhacksaw:
Stoked as hell. Rogers was the best on the market and he'll have a full of season with the team. 11 out ot of 11 back!

Yes, very happy this worked out! He was one guy I was concerned we would loose.
Share 49ersWebzone