49ers Resign Carlos Rogers to a 4 Year Deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
he just shtted on crabs, lol

"Speed is a big thing," Rogers said. "But Crabtree don't got much speed but he makes unbelievable catches and he does so much stuff for this team."Read more: Rogers lauds 49ers front office for adding speed, power Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

how did he sh#t on crabs, he just stated the obvious, crabs knows he isn't a burner we all do

this. cmon sus.

He basically called him slow and for a WR that's not a good thing to be called.
Did anyone read the comments from this article?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49ers-rogers

For some reason, they're all from last year when the Niners signed Rogers. I wonder what all the naysayers have to say now?
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM ]

"Speed is a big thing," Rogers said. "But Crabtree don't got much speed but he makes unbelievable catches and he does so much stuff for this team."Read more: Rogers lauds 49ers front office for adding speed, power Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

how did he sh#t on crabs, he just stated the obvious, crabs knows he isn't a burner we all do

this. cmon sus.

no one ever agrees with you
double post
[ Edited by NinerDieHard on Mar 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch Also In Football
#49ers Carlos Rogers on not looking elsewhere in free agency (like, say, St. Louis?): "Maybe I get more money. I could be with a team with that's sorry. And they could continue to be sorry for like two years and then once they want to change some stuff around, OK, they're going to go after the people that are making the highest salary and then I get cut."

Smart move
If only all good players thought this way.... All these young men signing contracts that they don't even understand, just because it sounds like the most money. The Devil's in the details, and unless you are only going for guaranteed, it would be wise to think like Carlos.

In fact, thats the first time I've actually heard a player say something like that. I wonder if thats part of Paarag and Baalk's sales pitch....very smart. Goldson needs to take note.

First time I've ever heard a player acknowledge this as well. The guy is savvy, and that's a great quality in a CB.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Asked if the lack of a downfield threat was noticeable in the game against the Giants, Rogers demurred. "Oh I don't know what was missing," he said. "Speed is a big thing, but you don't have to have much ... (Michael) Crabtree don't have much speed but he can make a couple of unbelievable catches. I wouldn't say that speed was the thing that was missing. The (Giants) just made a few more plays than us. That's it. It came down to a few plays. It wasn't about speed or a certain guy didn't do this, do that. They made more plays than us to win it."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/rogers-on-moss-just-his-names-a-threat.html#storylink=cpy
I think you might have misread/heard it.

selective quoting was selective.
I love Rogers. He could of went to STL or some other team and Got 5yr 50M like Finnegan and Carr got, he is as good or better than both, and happy to have Rogers back.

4yr 29.3M deal is a great deal for us, could get out if he fails, which I dont see happening.

Now gotta get Goldson signed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RonMexico:

this. cmon sus.

no one ever agrees with you

You are mean
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
About to resign does not equal resign. Nice job jumping the gun, if this doesn't go down I'm blaming you Jack Haley.

This

You guys are just mad because you didnt get to post it
  • Ether
  • Veteran

this. cmon sus.

Rogers called him slow, but also pretty much said he has great hands and is a very important part of the offense. As a receiver, I'd rather be known for my hands than my legs.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Rogers called him slow, but also pretty much said he has great hands and is a very important part of the offense. As a receiver, I'd rather be known for my hands than my legs.

His hands haven't exactly been consistent.

I think speed is important, but you only have to be "fast enough". I think Crabtree is.

I don't know the guy personally, I can't speak to his work ethic because I'm not watching him work, and I certainly can't say what he really thinks or feels.

All I can do is look at what he's done on the field and try to determine if there has been improvement and if it's been consistent.

From what I've seen, he improved last year as the season went on... consistently improved. Then in the playoffs he choked.

He's got a lot to prove still and we'll see if he steps up to the challenge. Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Ether:

His hands haven't exactly been consistent.

I think speed is important, but you only have to be "fast enough". I think Crabtree is.

I don't know the guy personally, I can't speak to his work ethic because I'm not watching him work, and I certainly can't say what he really thinks or feels.

All I can do is look at what he's done on the field and try to determine if there has been improvement and if it's been consistent.

From what I've seen, he improved last year as the season went on... consistently improved. Then in the playoffs he choked.

He's got a lot to prove still and we'll see if he steps up to the challenge. Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic.

about sums up my feelings, funny how threads on the WZ turn out....most turn into Alex Smith threads, this Carlos Rogers thread is now a Michael Crabtree debate. unless just mentioning AS's name I've now changed it to a Smith thread...I guess we'll find out
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch Also In Football
#49ers Carlos Rogers on not looking elsewhere in free agency (like, say, St. Louis?): "Maybe I get more money. I could be with a team with that's sorry. And they could continue to be sorry for like two years and then once they want to change some stuff around, OK, they're going to go after the people that are making the highest salary and then I get cut."

Smart move

Really nice to see! Finally getting the "good team" dividend in SF again. Guys who went to Buffalo...ouch! Doubt they will be good but they captured some good FAs. Living in Buffalo and being bad...smh.
Share 49ersWebzone