LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
U're listening to a poster that thinks Cox is too short to play CB? Cox is 6 foot tall. Obviously, that poster knows nothing about Cox
is this dude good? i dont remember him at all
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Hide your kids hide your wife

Whoa, I think all of us could have had a case similar to this. A Girl comes to your house for a party, your drunk, she is drunk, you have the big whoopee, and she wakes up the next day and accuses you of rape. I think she was hoping for a big pay day and exagerated her story. Either way the jury aquited Cox.

Great signing by Baalke, return man CB are a premium in the NFL. Going into draft might be able to get BPA if they keep up with the FA signings.

She wasn't just drunk though. Allegedly, Perrish Cox administered some kind of drug like Rohypnol aka roofies that knocked her out. Even Perrish's teammate testified in court that Cox said, "She's ready." Cox claims that he didn't have sex with her, even though she's pregnant with a baby that has his DNA.

I don't think the average guy uses roofies to knock a girl out so they can have sex with her. Sure, he got acquited, but that doesn't mean that he's clean. I am not a big fan of this signing. If there's anything I hate, it's a rapist. I can't even look at Kobe Bryant without feeling disgust, much less watch him play basketball. For all the women who cry wolf, there are real victims that get humiliated by high profile lawyers of star athletes, with details of their personal sexual history from the case leaked to the press (which is illegal). That's what Kobe Bryant's scumbag lawyer did to the girl, and what is even more vile is that his lawyer was a woman.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

yes...low risk, high reward. This has become our MO..love it
i just dont understand why not keep rodgers hes hella good....why mess up a good thing?

I wanted us to draft him, obviously the character issues are a concern but he can do multiple things cheap
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
WillistheWall was right; you're more a fan of the courtroom drama than common sense, or what it means, or the actual implications.

FWIW, I never followed this case, and I'm not upset about the signing. But I do think WtW had a point about people excusing Cox's actions just because he's on our team now. I'm willing to believe that Cox made a mistake, no matter what actually happened, that he's paid some penalty for it by basically losing a year of his career, and now he has a chance to prove that he's not a bad dude and to earn his career back. I hope he plays well for us and makes the team.

I'm not a "fan" of anything. I am just stating the facts as well as saying I'm not bandwagoning onto the guy because we signed him. When he got acquitted I started a research session out of boredom and I personally believe the system worked in his favor on top of him proving that there was reasonable doubt and a lack of evidence of any kind to suggest anything beyond consensual sex with her.

I think the signing is one hell of a steal for us as the guy will do anything and everything to succeed and now and should he screw up even once in the smallest of ways we can kick him to the curb and say we tried.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

but how are his hands? i heard his int numbers were down is that because he just knocks down the passes or he just can't catch?

Yeah, its the theme for all our FA's this year.

49ers are the Oakland Athletics of football. As long as they keep re-signing their own top guys while swinging for the fences with some of these high value free agents, I'm down.

Originally posted by sfout:
I'm not a "fan" of anything. I am just stating the facts as well as saying I'm not bandwagoning onto the guy because we signed him. When he got acquitted I started a research session out of boredom and I personally believe the system worked in his favor on top of him proving that there was reasonable doubt and a lack of evidence of any kind to suggest anything beyond consensual sex with her.

I think the signing is one hell of a steal for us as the guy will do anything and everything to succeed and now and should he screw up even once in the smallest of ways we can kick him to the curb and say we tried.

Agreed, guys like this are perfect for depth. How many months is there to set a roster? There is still plenty of time for him to show his true colors, and plenty of time for the coaches to see how he fits and whether to kick him to the curb or not before the season even starts. If hes cut, there is a deminimous cap hit... if he pans out then he could be a quality starter for years to come.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Yeah, its the theme for all our FA's this year.

Because it makes a lot more sense to give Garcon 9 mil a year or Vincent Jackson 13 mil a year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by sfout:

Agreed, guys like this are perfect for depth. How many months is there to set a roster? There is still plenty of time for him to show his true colors, and plenty of time for the coaches to see how he fits and whether to kick him to the curb or not before the season even starts. If hes cut, there is a deminimous cap hit... if he pans out then he could be a quality starter for years to come.

+1
Originally posted by jreff22:
I wanted us to draft him, obviously the character issues are a concern but he can do multiple things cheap

Good signing, I wanted us to draft him too, whatever he did as a bronco is in the past.
All I care about is what he does as a 49er.

Welcome perrish
Realized after 2013 Cox would be a RFA
Share 49ersWebzone