There are 300 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Meh, I think you're more of a fan of the legal system than common sense. I don't know what happened but I would've prefer we stay away from this type of nonsense.

I read up on the case, its common sense to question whether the girl was raped or not if she got in lesbo style with her friend in front of Thomas and Vaughn. I'll leave it at though like you say it is better to avoid this type of craziness.

no, that makes no sense. just because someone willingly does freaky stuff doesn't mean if someone f**ks them against their will that they weren't raped.

Im enjoying this debate a lot lol. How does that make no sense? She had girl on girl and possibly even a threesome with Thomas(maybe his smarta** used a condom or never stuck it in lol) so why would it be so strange to wonder if she also had sex willingly with Cox at another time in the night? The sexual act was not in question but whether it was consensual or not is the real issue and by stating that she was willing to have sex with another girl and possible Thomas as well then it brings into question whether she willingly or unwillingly had sex with Cox.

The whole point of the league system is to bring the persons character into question and that is what Thomas' statement did, and it was a response to the prosecutions question not defenses. Thomas opened Pandora's box with that statement by indicating that she was promiscuous and was coherent later in the night, indicating she was likely just asleep earlier in the evening because typically when you "pass out" it is for hours if not an entire night.

its a common tactic to paint the victim as a slut, and then make the argument that a slut would never say "no" to sex.

IT's also not an unheard of tactic for someone to consent then call it rape later. Particularly when theres someone with money.

Only those present know what happened that evening. If he did it, he's quite the disgusting person, but I can also see how he can be falsely accused as people have been before. I personally refrain from judging what I cannot know for sure.
Originally posted by andes14:
I mean this HAS to mean Rogers is a goner, no? No way we signed Cox to be a dime back...

Not necessarily. Remember, Shawnte will be gone too unless we can't resign Rogers or another FA or pick up a good one in the draft. Stay tuned....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1swift:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Meh, I think you're more of a fan of the legal system than common sense. I don't know what happened but I would've prefer we stay away from this type of nonsense.

I read up on the case, its common sense to question whether the girl was raped or not if she got in lesbo style with her friend in front of Thomas and Vaughn. I'll leave it at though like you say it is better to avoid this type of craziness.

no, that makes no sense. just because someone willingly does freaky stuff doesn't mean if someone f**ks them against their will that they weren't raped.

Im enjoying this debate a lot lol. How does that make no sense? She had girl on girl and possibly even a threesome with Thomas(maybe his smarta** used a condom or never stuck it in lol) so why would it be so strange to wonder if she also had sex willingly with Cox at another time in the night? The sexual act was not in question but whether it was consensual or not is the real issue and by stating that she was willing to have sex with another girl and possible Thomas as well then it brings into question whether she willingly or unwillingly had sex with Cox.

The whole point of the league system is to bring the persons character into question and that is what Thomas' statement did, and it was a response to the prosecutions question not defenses. Thomas opened Pandora's box with that statement by indicating that she was promiscuous and was coherent later in the night, indicating she was likely just asleep earlier in the evening because typically when you "pass out" it is for hours if not an entire night.

its a common tactic to paint the victim as a slut, and then make the argument that a slut would never say "no" to sex.

IT's also not an unheard of tactic for someone to consent then call it rape later. Particularly when theres someone with money.

Only those present know what happened that evening. If he did it, he's quite the disgusting person, but I can also see how he can be falsely accused as people have been before. I personally refrain from judging what I cannot know for sure.

Again Hess I reiterate, this wasnt the defense calling her a slut it was the DA/PROSECUTOR who asked Thomas a specific question and Thomas' response completely derailed the the prosecutions case.

All the defense did was deny having sex or specifically raping her and then then the Prosecutor screwed himself up.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I was surprised by the signing of Randy Moss. Signing Cox is a shock, but only thing I know is that he was acquitted.

I will assume that Baalke and Harbaugh investigated Cox vigorously and thoroughly.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Our CB coach got his guy from Denver. Low risk high reward, can we get a good receiver to go with Straight Cash Homie!
I guess thats going to be the theme for all our FA signings. So what if he's a quitter or rapist. So long as we can get good talent cheap who cares about their character. It aint like we're the San Francisco 49ers or anything.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Eff him. He raped that girl. I thought Harbaugh didnt stand for violence against women?

Yeah I thought so too, that's why this one is really surprising. I trust Harbaugh and Baalke tho.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Hide your kids hide your wife

Whoa, I think all of us could have had a case similar to this. A Girl comes to your house for a party, your drunk, she is drunk, you have the big whoopee, and she wakes up the next day and accuses you of rape. I think she was hoping for a big pay day and exagerated her story. Either way the jury aquited Cox.

Great signing by Baalke, return man CB are a premium in the NFL. Going into draft might be able to get BPA if they keep up with the FA signings.

She wasn't just drunk though. Allegedly, Perrish Cox administered some kind of drug like Rohypnol aka roofies that knocked her out. Even Perrish's teammate testified in court that Cox said, "She's ready." Cox claims that he didn't have sex with her, even though she's pregnant with a baby that has his DNA.

I don't think the average guy uses roofies to knock a girl out so they can have sex with her. Sure, he got acquited, but that doesn't mean that he's clean. I am not a big fan of this signing. If there's anything I hate, it's a rapist. I can't even look at Kobe Bryant without feeling disgust, much less watch him play basketball. For all the women who cry wolf, there are real victims that get humiliated by high profile lawyers of star athletes, with details of their personal sexual history from the case leaked to the press (which is illegal). That's what Kobe Bryant's scumbag lawyer did to the girl, and what is even more vile is that his lawyer was a woman.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Eff him. He raped that girl. I thought Harbaugh didnt stand for violence against women?

Yeah I thought so too, that's why this one is really surprising. I trust Harbaugh and Baalke tho.

Cox didnt rape anybody. Do you have the evidence to prove otherwise?
Again Hess I reiterate, this wasnt the defense calling her a slut it was the DA/PROSECUTOR who asked Thomas a specific question and Thomas' response completely derailed the the prosecutions case.

All the defense did was deny having sex or specifically raping her and then then the Prosecutor screwed himself up.

WillistheWall was right; you're more a fan of the courtroom drama than common sense, or what it means, or the actual implications.

FWIW, I never followed this case, and I'm not upset about the signing. But I do think WtW had a point about people excusing Cox's actions just because he's on our team now. I'm willing to believe that Cox made a mistake, no matter what actually happened, that he's paid some penalty for it by basically losing a year of his career, and now he has a chance to prove that he's not a bad dude and to earn his career back. I hope he plays well for us and makes the team.
Originally posted by Psinex:
She wasn't just drunk though. Allegedly, Perrish Cox administered some kind of drug like Rohypnol aka roofies that knocked her out. Even Perrish's teammate testified in court that Cox said, "She's ready." Cox claims that he didn't have sex with her, even though she's pregnant with a baby that has his DNA.

I don't think the average guy uses roofies to knock a girl out so they can have sex with her. Sure, he got acquited, but that doesn't mean that he's clean. I am not a big fan of this signing. If there's anything I hate, it's a rapist. I can't even look at Kobe Bryant without feeling disgust, much less watch him play basketball. For all the women who cry wolf, there are real victims that get humiliated by high profile lawyers of star athletes, with details of their personal sexual history from the case leaked to the press (which is illegal). That's what Kobe Bryant's scumbag lawyer did to the girl, and what is even more vile is that his lawyer was a woman.

A) She told the nurse at the hospital she only had 4 drinks and doesnt know how she got so drunk so she THOUGHT she may have been drugged... Then Thomas testified under oath that she wasnt even that wasted, reiterated by her telling him "you missed out on some great girl on girl action".... so we are expected to believe she got roofied, passed out, got raped, woke up and started girl on girl action with Cox's ex girlfriend there, then cries rape and we are supposed to automatically take her side? Burden of proof is on her... and her only proof is that she was into it at the time, which is why the prosecution never put her on the stand because she would have admitted to falsely accusing Cox therefor incriminating herself.

B) Kobe is a douche no doubt, but he didnt rape that chick either. Once again that girl cried rape and was found to be a slut as her panties had 4-5 DNA samples from OTHER MEN besides Kobe. She banged 4 dudes in the same unwashed pair of underpants and Im supposed to be on her side lol.

If the Duke Lacrosse case showed us anything its that people lie in embarassing situations and District Attorneys are trigger happy to prosecute these cases with no evidence counting on the court of public opinion to get them their verdict.
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM ]

He's CB depth and and special teamer. Please let's kill the whining about how he's not a suitable replacement for Rogers. He isn't meant to be.
i actually like this signing, dude is young and has game. a typical baalke low risk high reward signing
Signing Cox will impact Ginn far more than Rogers. Cox was terrible when they asked him to play inside in the nickel - the role Rogers excelled at last year.

He was signed to return kicks imo.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Signing Cox will impact Ginn far more than Rogers. Cox was terrible when they asked him to play inside in the nickel - the role Rogers excelled at last year.

He was signed to return kicks imo.

younger, cheaper replacement for Spencer
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Psinex:

A) She told the nurse at the hospital she only had 4 drinks and doesnt know how she got so drunk so she THOUGHT she may have been drugged... Then Thomas testified under oath that she wasnt even that wasted, reiterated by her telling him "you missed out on some great girl on girl action".... so we are expected to believe she got roofied, passed out, got raped, woke up and started girl on girl action with Cox's ex girlfriend there, then cries rape and we are supposed to automatically take her side? Burden of proof is on her... and her only proof is that she was into it at the time, which is why the prosecution never put her on the stand because she would have admitted to falsely accusing Cox therefor incriminating herself.

B) Kobe is a douche no doubt, but he didnt rape that chick either. Once again that girl cried rape and was found to be a slut as her panties had 4-5 DNA samples from OTHER MEN besides Kobe. She banged 4 dudes in the same unwashed pair of underpants and Im supposed to be on her side lol.

If the Duke Lacrosse case showed us anything its that people lie in embarassing situations and District Attorneys are trigger happy to prosecute these cases with no evidence counting on the court of public opinion to get them their verdict.

I read the police report on Kobe's case. I don't see how you can make that stuff up. He had his hand around her neck while he had sex with her from behind, and put his hand over her mouth. She said she kept saying no, don't. A co-worker said he found her in tears. It's pretty chilling, and then in Kobe's interrogation with the sheriff, nothing he said was inconsistent with her testimony. During the trial, Kobe's lawyer leaked all kinds of information in the press, and somehow her name ended up all over the internet. She dropped the case because it would've been near impossible to win, and she was humiliated publicly.

"During the 14 months of the criminal case, bit by bit, unflattering information about the victim was leaked to the press," Hurlbert (prosecutor) wrote. "Much of this information was brazenly leaked by (defense attorney Hal) Haddon and Ms. Mackey in open court or in their motions. The trial court did nothing despite repeated requests."
Share 49ersWebzone