There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

I'm ok with the Moss and Cox signing, but I sure hope we start signing more legit non-problem players soon.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/rams-expected-to-pursue-free-agent-cornerback-carlos-rogers/

Rams should have some room now that they dumped Brown, Hall, Bartell, etc, etc (half their team). I'm thinking they will be players in Finnegan, Rogers or Carr.
:/
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm ok with the Moss and Cox signing, but I sure hope we start signing more legit non-problem players soon.

THIS
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

deal with it
Originally posted by Gore_21:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/rams-expected-to-pursue-free-agent-cornerback-carlos-rogers/

Rams should have some room now that they dumped Brown, Hall, Bartell, etc, etc (half their team). I'm thinking they will be players in Finnegan, Rogers or Carr.

It would make a lot of sense in the trade down to number 6, since they probably knew ahead of time that Claiborne would not be available at number 6, and they would have to pick up a priority free agent at CB. Expect them to target a free agent WR as well, and then make another trade down to a team that wants to leapfrog Miami for Tannehill (if the Dolphins do not sign a big-time free agent QB). If the Rams stay at 6, the pick could be one of the DT's, Trent Richardson, or one of the top OT's on the board (Reiff or Martin).
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:

deal with it

deal with what?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It would make a lot of sense in the trade down to number 6, since they probably knew ahead of time that Claiborne would not be available at number 6, and they would have to pick up a priority free agent at CB. Expect them to target a free agent WR as well, and then make another trade down to a team that wants to leapfrog Miami for Tannehill (if the Dolphins do not sign a big-time free agent QB). If the Rams stay at 6, the pick could be one of the DT's, Trent Richardson, or one of the top OT's on the board (Reiff or Martin).

Yeah, they could trade down at 33 or is it 34 and pick up another pick. I wouldn't mind if a team coming up would work with us at 30 instead of them a few picks later. We should be in a prime spot to trade down. Anyways, Rams cut a lot of former solid players (at one point) but they have a chance to do some damage in these upcoming drafts while getting a top FA CB.
iiiiiiiit's TIME!

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

deal with it

deal with what?

my comment was for your pre edited comment
Free agency has been open for almost 3 minutes now and we havent signed anyone. Thats it, seasons over, fire Trent, York should sell the team, we'll never win a SB with these guys.
Bears got brandon marshall for 2 third rounders...

Looks like theyre going to beat us in the race for a 1000 yd wr.
San Francisco 49ers ‏ @49ers Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details The #49ers have signed LB Tavares Gooden to a one-year contract. http://bit.ly/zq2L1W
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Free agency has been open for almost 3 minutes now and we havent signed anyone. Thats it, seasons over, fire Trent, York should sell the team, we'll never win a SB with these guys.

I can see people waiting with guns to their heads.... we didn't get anyone.... goodbye cruel world. Anyways, I'm actually surprised at two guys off the street already...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

deal with it

deal with what?

my comment was for your pre edited comment

Wait but I don't think I made a comment though??? Unless you mean the one I quoted? But I want to know what he said.