There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Free Agent Rumor Thread

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I don't understand why we don't go after a guy like Garcon? It's not like he's a big money guy or anything. Obviously I trust in Harbaugh so whatever they decide...goes.

It's just interesting.

FAs get to choose where they play, Garcon is gonna have a chance to be THE guy at Washington, if he came here hed be fighting with Crabtree and Moss for PT
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Moss+Crabtree= No top tier FA WR wants to come to 49ers

Only FA WR willing to take #3 money.

Hopefully Niners draft a beast WR!

How could you possibly know that?

I guess if the money is right anything is possible. Any true #1 wouldn't be afraid of competiton either, so why not come here? Who knows? I just don't think 49ers are going to pay anyone but Morgan more than what they paid Moss.
wow, i wonder what his contract in washington will look like
@JedYork Happy New Year #NinersFaithful! We will be working the phones all day and night.
Vincent Jackson is a done deal. Bucs

Jeff Duncan ‏ @JeffDuncanTP Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Bucs getting after it. Reach agreement with WR Vincent Jackson & making push for Curtis Lofton & Carl Nicks.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Looking better to keep Morgan.

VJ to Bucs. Garcon to Redskins. Robinson to Jags. Meachem to Bills. Colston to Saints.

that would be a-ok with me.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I don't understand why we don't go after a guy like Garcon? It's not like he's a big money guy or anything. Obviously I trust in Harbaugh so whatever they decide...goes.

It's just interesting.

i bet we called but he was already neck deep negoatiating with WASH. They were either already in talks before FA started or they just offered him stupid money that he couldn't turn down.

garcon wanted more then $7M a year. At that point I'd rather take that $7M and add another $3M for Jackson or Wallace.
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think Alex Smith is holding up our 'deeper' WR situation (from younger WR talent); players don't know who our QB is going to be, so it leaves doubt as to who will be throwing to them.

If Alex is such a non-factor like everyone here claims...then it shouldn't matter.
Originally posted by 228niner:
wow, i wonder what his contract in washington will look like

Schefter speculated $8MM per year. But was unsure.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
I think Alex Smith is holding up our 'deeper' WR situation (from younger WR talent); players don't know who our QB is going to be, so it leaves doubt as to who will be throwing to them.

Could this be on purpose?

Originally posted by HessianDud:

It's just interesting.

i bet we called but he was already neck deep negoatiating with WASH. They were either already in talks before FA started or they just offered him stupid money that he couldn't turn down.

I actually don't like Garcon. I think he's a product of Manning at QB.
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE
WALLACE

THIS
Originally posted by valrod33:
Vincent Jackson is a done deal. Bucs

Jeff Duncan ‏ @JeffDuncanTP Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Bucs getting after it. Reach agreement with WR Vincent Jackson & making push for Curtis Lofton & Carl Nicks.

Damn. I think he'd do better on our offense. Freeman is alright but I don't think he's better than Alex. At that point...I'd pick the team with the most likelihood of winning.

"Stupid money" wins again I'm guessing.
If Alex is such a non-factor like everyone here claims...then it shouldn't matter.

+1