There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If the Cap ends up being $120m, we'll have $33m in cap space after cutting Spencer

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by valrod33:
nevermind,not gonna argue this one anymore

So Footballoutsiders.com agrees with me.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-cap/2012/under-cap-nfc-west-cap-overview

Maiocco and AB numbers match up too, Ill take their word over yours and football outsiders any day
And actually that footballoutsiders actually backs up AB and Maicoos numbers becasue those morons have taken into consideration the signings so far

Again from our very own AB

If it is 107M then minus 17M is indeed 90M, but take away 120M-90M is 30M, but then take away 6.2M thats 23.8M Not 27M. Plus like said the carry over only 12.6M, so thats a difference of 4.4M, so take away 4.4M from 23.8M is 19.4M. Plus he didn't factor in, which isnt on the page which is my fault, the dead money which is 1.048M, so 18.352M then.
nick Matt Maiocco confirmed we carried over 12.6M, the other 4.27M is from incentives achieved. 2.5M were from Alex Smith.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
nick Matt Maiocco confirmed we carried over 12.6M, the other 4.27M is from incentives achieved. 2.5M were from Alex Smith.

*thank you* for discussing 2011 incentives. I couldn't find that anywhere, at all.

*thank you* for discussing 2011 incentives. I couldn't find that anywhere, at all.

I think Maiocco's twitter account has that on their, right around that PFT article was released.

I was hoping at the time it was 16.87M.
I think Maiocco's twitter account has that on their, right around that PFT article was released.

I did a lengthy google search and found no reference to post-incentive 2011 cap data.
so wait bottom line how much money do we have now in cap space
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
so wait bottom line how much money do we have now in cap space

(X - $98m) with Goldson tagged and Tafuku and Grant tenured

X = Salary Cap

I did a lengthy google search and found no reference to post-incentive 2011 cap data.

Yeah I dont know if it was released by PFT or ESPN. I got confused when Maiocco said 30M total before signings happened, then John Clayton said 39.33M, then NFL Network said 40M+, so i dont know what to think.

Maiocco said he had soruce from the nfl.
All in all, we're in pretty good shape. I trust AB's numbers, but give or take 2 million, 15m to 20m isn't too bad to enter Free Agency. I was looking at our division rivals' caps, and the Rams are SOL. The Cards aren't doing so well either, but the Seahawks have some wriggle room.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
All in all, we're in pretty good shape. I trust AB's numbers, but give or take 2 million, 15m to 20m isn't too bad to enter Free Agency. I was looking at our division rivals' caps, and the Rams are SOL. The Cards aren't doing so well either, but the Seahawks have some wriggle room.

Yeah Rams will be tight against the cap. Arizona would clear a bunch of room by not paying Levi Brown a 6M roster bonus, and clears around 14M, and Klob is due a 7M roster bonus in a few days.

Seattle has the room to get Peyton or Mario Williams.

And 15-20M is good to start with. Should be around 18M with a 120M cap, which I thought was released today.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Yeah Rams will be tight against the cap. Arizona would clear a bunch of room by not paying Levi Brown a 6M roster bonus, and clears around 14M, and Klob is due a 7M roster bonus in a few days.

Seattle has the room to get Peyton or Mario Williams.

And 15-20M is good to start with. Should be around 18M with a 120M cap, which I thought was released today.

It still hasn't be publicly released yet, has it? Anywho, it'd probably be in their best intentions not paying Brown then, though he's a decent tackle. I don't see the Cardinals getting Manning and I feel they'll keep Kolb on the roster.

However, Mario Williams might be a possibility, and their defense already became pretty scary the second half of the season. We'll see if there's any continuity there.

We'll see though. Will be a fun offseason.
does the 18M include what we have to set aside for rookie contracts?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
(X - $98m) with Goldson tagged and Tafuku and Grant tenured

X = Salary Cap

Tukuafu wasn't tendered, it was 2 year contract extension he accepted rather then being an Exclusive Rights Free Agent. So it isn't for one of those random tender #s :/ Have to wait for the official #s.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM ]
Originally posted by dhp318:
does the 18M include what we have to set aside for rookie contracts?

no, but that will be offset by Spencer's release.

Then there is Haralson, he will be asked to cut his salary or be cut.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home