There are 214 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hypothetical, if the Niners draft Fleener at #30, would Delanie Walker have any trade valu

Lets say Baalke et al draft Fleener at #30. Understanding that VD is #1, Fleener is the future long term #2, Walker is due 1.9 million and only signed through 2012, do you think Walker would have any trade value. If yes, what round pick could the 9ers gain.

I think a 4th or 5th rounderr.
i say a 6th rounder at best BUT his versatility could bump him up with a 4th or 5th
Originally posted by 9erred:
Lets say Baalke et al draft Fleener at #30. Understanding that VD is #1, Fleener is the future long term #2, Walker is due 1.9 million and only signed through 2012, do you think Walker would have any trade value. If yes, what round pick could the 9ers gain.

I think a 4th or 5th rounderr.

Very little.

Besides, Delanie ain't going anywhere. Drafting Fleener wouldn't be about replacing Walker. Its about running more 3 or even 4 TE sets instead of bringing in extra tackles.

Watch some Stanford games over the past few years. There is no such thing as too many TEs for Harbaugh.
nooooooo I love D-WALKER, most underrated player on the team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,595
oh i would not trade him. we would have maybe the best group of tight ends in the nfl. it would lessen the need for a fancy dancy wide out and maybe we take someone like iowas mcnutt in the third round
Originally posted by 9erred:
Lets say Baalke et al draft Fleener at #30. Understanding that VD is #1, Fleener is the future long term #2, Walker is due 1.9 million and only signed through 2012, do you think Walker would have any trade value. If yes, what round pick could the 9ers gain.

I think a 4th or 5th rounderr.

I think Harbaugh uses 3 TE's and they all stay. I really don't see us trading Walker.
Whats with the love affair for Fleener ?

I seem him play at Stanford he wasn't anything special and thats with a QB like Luck.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Very little.

Besides, Delanie ain't going anywhere. Drafting Fleener wouldn't be about replacing Walker. Its about running more 3 or even 4 TE sets instead of bringing in extra tackles.

Watch some Stanford games over the past few years. There is no such thing as too many TEs for Harbaugh.

This, the only thing scarier than a 2 TE set with Fleener and Vernon Davis is a 3 TE set that also includes Walker. His versatility would really be a nightmare for the defense, as he could be in to block, run, receive, and then you have VD on the outside and Fleener going up the middle.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Originally posted by susweel:
Whats with the love affair for Fleener ?

I seem him play at Stanford he wasn't anything special and thats with a QB like Luck.

A 6'6" guy who runs some of the best routes of any TE/WR in the draft, with tremendous hands, great agility and experience in a pro-style offense, not just any pro-style offense but Harbaugh's pro-style offense. Yeah, you're right, what's to like????



The real question is, will you again threaten to kick Baalke's ass if they do draft Fleener??
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM ]
I see us keeping one less wide out. 4TEs and 4 WRs.
Maybe this goes in Free Agency or Draft War Room?
5th or 6th
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
nooooooo I love D-WALKER, most underrated player on the team

the most underrated?? hell no
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the most underrated?? hell no

LOL.......#$$$!!!


People are just trying to get me riled up again, huh?
Walker doesn't have any trade value.