LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 129 users in the forums

CAP SPACE AFTER BROOKS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do we still have enough to sign everybody and get a WR? or did this Brooks deal cause us to have to let someone walk?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
AB where are you ?
Originally posted by susweel:
AB where are you ?

Yeah we need to shine the AB light in the sky to let him know he is needed, like the batman light from batman or something lol
We'll need the yearly detail reported so we'll know how much is committed to 2012 and how much is deferred.
We wouldn't know this without the breakdown...
Quick, someone shine the AB light from the top of web zone headquarter!
Lets see where to start. Before this signing I had us at 24.488M under, now that included Brock, Tukuafu and Grant tenders, Spillman's deal(projection), and Goldson's franchise tag number. Now we save an additional 3.3M by cutting or trading Spencer. So that puts us up to 27.788M under.

I projected last night that we would need around $2.5M to sign draft picks, mostly the first 3 rounds, the other picks in rd's 4-7 only will matter at the bonus money for the year. So that takes us down to $25.288M under.

I haven't seen information for Brooks. I imagine he got a signing bonus, plus a first year roster bonus, and low base salary, possibly a 5M Signing Bonus(pro-rated over 5 season at 1M a yr), a 4M Roster Bonus and a 700K base salary. Meaning his 1st yr salary would be around 5.7M, now hopefully it's a bit lower, maybe around 4M total.

Interesting tidbit, the cap in 2013 may NOT go up much more than the 2012 cap, which shoule be between 120-125M, which means we need to backload some contracts into 2014 and beyond. Which may make extending say Bowman difficult until end of 2013.

Guys who will be looking at long term extensions are, Iupati, A.Davis, Bowman, Lee, and possibly Walker. It will be interesting after 2012 what we do with Sopoaga and Jean Francois. Jean Francois shouldnt be difficult, likely a 3yr deal, maybe 2M average at most.

Right now these guys are signed long term.

2017- OLB Ahmad Brooks and LT Joe Staley
2016- ILB Patrick Willis
2015- DE Ray McDonald, OT Alex Boone and TE Vernon Davis

Free Agents after 2014 include

Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Aldon Smith(though he will either have his option picked up for 2015 or extended in the 2014 offseason when allowed), Frank Gore(Though he probably retires or is 2nd/3rd back by then), Brian Jennings(who knows how long he plays), Michael Crabtree, Bruce Miller, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter and CJ Spillman are notables. Others like Mike Person, Daniel Kilgore, Colin Jones and Colin Kaepernick are secondary.

After 2013 include

NaVorro Bowman, Justin Smith, David Akers(Not sure how long he plays for), Donte Whitner are the most notable, others like Kyle Williams(who may not be back in 2012), Anthony Dixon, Nate Byham are secondary.

Cap wise future years is fine, last time checked we had 88M committed for 2013. A lot is thanks to retsructuring Willis' deal in october.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Lets see where to start. Before this signing I had us at 24.488M under, now that included Brock, Tukuafu and Grant tenders, Spillman's deal(projection), and Goldson's franchise tag number. Now we save an additional 3.3M by cutting or trading Spencer. So that puts us up to 27.788M under.

I projected last night that we would need around $2.5M to sign draft picks, mostly the first 3 rounds, the other picks in rd's 4-7 only will matter at the bonus money for the year. So that takes us down to $25.288M under.

I haven't seen information for Brooks. I imagine he got a signing bonus, plus a first year roster bonus, and low base salary, possibly a 5M Signing Bonus(pro-rated over 5 season at 1M a yr), a 4M Roster Bonus and a 700K base salary. Meaning his 1st yr salary would be around 5.7M, now hopefully it's a bit lower, maybe around 4M total.

Interesting tidbit, the cap in 2013 may NOT go up much more than the 2012 cap, which shoule be between 120-125M, which means we need to backload some contracts into 2014 and beyond. Which may make extending say Bowman difficult until end of 2013.

Guys who will be looking at long term extensions are, Iupati, A.Davis, Bowman, Lee, and possibly Walker. It will be interesting after 2012 what we do with Sopoaga and Jean Francois. Jean Francois shouldnt be difficult, likely a 3yr deal, maybe 2M average at most.

2016- ILB Patrick Willis

Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Aldon Smith(though he will either have his option picked up for 2015 or extended in the 2014 offseason when allowed), Frank Gore(Though he probably retires or is 2nd/3rd back by then), Brian Jennings(who knows how long he plays), Michael Crabtree, Bruce Miller, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter and CJ Spillman are notables. Others like Mike Person, Daniel Kilgore, Colin Jones and Colin Kaepernick are secondary.

After 2013 include

NaVorro Bowman, Justin Smith, David Akers(Not sure how long he plays for), Donte Whitner are the most notable, others like Kyle Williams(who may not be back in 2012), Anthony Dixon, Nate Byham are secondary.

Cap wise future years is fine, last time checked we had 88M committed for 2013. A lot is thanks to retsructuring Willis' deal in october.

AB = the most valuable poster in the Zone.
Originally posted by Youngb:

he should just change his name to CapGuru

that Arnaz Battle handle needs to go
Originally posted by Knowledge:

he should just change his name to CapGuru

that Arnaz Battle handle needs to go

True, I need a new name. My Arnaz Battle days are long gone. Should of seen me back when we drafted him, same year as we picked Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd I believe. 2003 or 2004. I am a Notre Dame fan, so loved him in his college days, so was excited. Wish he was a better a WR, oh well.

Battle was a good guy for us he always played hard even on some really s**tty teams. Can't say the same for BLloyd though his rap skillz were impressive.

2016- ILB Patrick Willis

After 2013 include

We going to have enough money to lock up Smith, Goldson, and Rogers? Can we get a WR too?

2016- ILB Patrick Willis

After 2013 include

AB834MVP

See what I did there???
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
True, I need a new name. My Arnaz Battle days are long gone. Should of seen me back when we drafted him, same year as we picked Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd I believe. 2003 or 2004. I am a Notre Dame fan, so loved him in his college days, so was excited. Wish he was a better a WR, oh well.
i think the steelers just cut you
ALL CAPS SPACE YEAHHHHHH!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone