LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

SO WHICH NINER FA IS SIGNED NEXT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex is a done deal and shouldn't be brought in the conversation. Baalke fooled us by signing Brooks, I thought he was the one they would let walk. Rogers will come down to dollars and Sense. Costanzo won't cost much and his play is what this team is all about. Snyder is another matter, this could be his only payday as a pro, I don't think the 49ers will go overboard. Jerry Jones may give him a 35 million dollar contract ( just kidding........I think). If you could see into the future and know the identity of the teams pick in the draft it would be easy to make the FA list.
i wouldn't be surprised if goldson would be next with a longterm extension..
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

5 years 62 million dollars.

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

man, that jersey should be retired!

Seriously doe did he piss his pants in that pic?
ALEX - but we already know hes coming back. Smith is no holy man, but I can see him say " sign the guys first and I will work around the cap we have left "
ROGERS - give him a 3 yr deal.
GINN - 3 mil a year , 2 year deal. Loaded with Incentives and also incentives as a WR.
COSTANZA
GRANT
GOLDSON - Franchis Tag
GOLDSON PLEEEEEEEEEEASE, I'm just waiting to own that jersey
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Alex is probably next.
I think Goldson has the next priority. Then Rogers. Before March 13th. Then Smith after. Smith's agent might get some calls from 2-3 teams but SF is too good of a situation for him to go elsewhere; awesome coach, winning team, no moving the young family, and a little of loyalty to his first love -- San Fransico 49ers!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
Here's a little different suggestion: how about resigning the guy who stepped in and solidified the OL play, Adam Snyder?

He may not be an elite athlete, a pro bowler--but the OL clearly played alot better, at a higher level, after he took over at RG for Rachal.

OL isn't always about the best 5 athletes, its about 5 guys working together, developing chemistry. If you want to keep your QB upright and give your offense a chance to take the next step forward, you resign Snyder. IMHO. Keep those 5 guys together.

3 years, $10M?

I'm guessing Alex Smith might be one of the last FA's signed, cause they've already agreed he'll get a contract structured to allow them to sign as many of the other guys they've targeted as possible. Alex has already gotten the big paycheck in the past, and probably has it all banked/invested. He could afford to take a little less--say $7M or $8M a year rather than $10M a year, if it means allowing the FO some additional room to sign other guys they consider important. IMHO.
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
i wouldn't be surprised if goldson would be next with a longterm extension..

He most likely to get tagged and if money is available we can sign him to a long term deal later.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Here's a little different suggestion: how about resigning the guy who stepped in and solidified the OL play, Adam Snyder?

He may not be an elite athlete, a pro bowler--but the OL clearly played alot better, at a higher level, after he took over at RG for Rachal.

OL isn't always about the best 5 athletes, its about 5 guys working together, developing chemistry. If you want to keep your QB upright and give your offense a chance to take the next step forward, you resign Snyder. IMHO. Keep those 5 guys together.

3 years, $10M?

Thank you! There is nothing wrong with our Oline. Synder brings the experience we need next to Davis and as unit our line is more than solid. People need to remember that last year was the first time they ran zone blocking in years. There was an adjustment period. They are only going to get better. Besides, we already have a ton of money tied up in the line.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

3 years, $10M?

Thank you! There is nothing wrong with our Oline. Synder brings the experience we need next to Davis and as unit our line is more than solid. People need to remember that last year was the first time they ran zone blocking in years. There was an adjustment period. They are only going to get better. Besides, we already have a ton of money tied up in the line.
Exactly. And Snyder provided some much needed leadership on the OL last season. Keep them together, with vet leadership intact, and they'll just get better. IMHO.

3 years, $10M?

Exactly. And Snyder provided some much needed leadership on the OL last season. Keep them together, with vet leadership intact, and they'll just get better. IMHO.

Plus he will be needed as a TE when we go big to SMASH people

He was effective in that role, keeping the O-Line intact is a priority ....but I wouldnt lose any sleep if Rachal is let go , he should be a solid starter by now
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

3 years, $10M?

Snyder is good friends with Baas and will be looking for a big time guard deal. Behind Nicks, he's probably one of the top guard free agents. He will not be cheap. He made 1.5 million last year and will be looking to double that.

I go with Rogers as our next signing.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Snyder is good friends with Baas and will be looking for a big time guard deal. Behind Nicks, he's probably one of the top guard free agents. He will not be cheap. He made 1.5 million last year and will be looking to double that.

I go with Rogers as our next signing.

agreed

alex will be easier to sign and rogers is our best CB he will be much harder to sign as he doesnt have much ties here
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Rogers' market value is likely to go up Brent Grimes will get the tag.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/02/falcons-place-franchise-tag-on-brent-grimes/
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 2, 2012 at 8:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone