LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners9:
glad the front 7 stay together

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by susweel:
Next years starting LB

Aldon-Bowman-Willis-Brooks

Haralson as the backup

replace Haralson with draft pick.

keep haralson, add a draft pick

haralson makes too much for a backup now, consider him gone

Parys Haralson started at right outside linebacker and played base downs while Aldon Smith entered games in pass-rush situations. Haralson is scheduled to earn $2.45 million in 2012, which the 49ers might consider too high for a backup.Read more: Report: Brooks close to re-signing Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

TRADE HIM OR MAKE HIM TAKE A PAYCUT

hell no, he is our only backup OLB
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
man 7 mill a year is alot, this shows you guys who thought Aldon would be taking his spot, wrong

yet when Baalke was asked "will Aldon Smith be an every down player next year", he laughed and said "yeah. i think thats safe to say."

and again, we dont know the breakdown yet.

Aldon will most likely start over Haralson.
49ers.com SAYS ITS OFFICIAL RE THIS TWEET:

San Francisco 49ers ‏ @49ers Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Congrats to #49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks who just signed a six-year contract extension that keep's him in red & gold through 2017.

In other news, I can finally say FIRST!
Good for Brooks
Originally posted by merm49:

Congrats to #49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks who just signed a six-year contract extension that keep's him in red & gold through 2017.

I posted this in my brain way before you posted it here first, so no you were not first
Next years starting LB

Haralson as the backup

Parys Haralson started at right outside linebacker and played base downs while Aldon Smith entered games in pass-rush situations. Haralson is scheduled to earn $2.45 million in 2012, which the 49ers might consider too high for a backup.Read more: Report: Brooks close to re-signing Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

ahmad brooks played almost every down last year. aldon smith is expected to play every down this upcoming year. that doesn't leave much playing time for parys. you want to pay him $2.45 mil to sit all year?

6 years? LaCanfora WRONG again

glad that we signed him. out of all our free agents he was the one i was worried about losing. glad that we are keeping our front 7 together

35M over 6 yrs sounds better to me. Hopefully that's what it is.

6 years! Freaking awesome! His contract will be done right when he's just about done being a solid contributor (injuries pending).

Let's hope we try to keep this front 7 locked and loaded for that time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Overkill:

35M over 6 yrs sounds better to me. Hopefully that's what it is.

Not official until one of the Matts says so.
Next years starting LB

Haralson as the backup

ahmad brooks played almost every down last year. aldon smith is expected to play every down this upcoming year. that doesn't leave much playing time for parys. you want to pay him $2.45 mil to sit all year?
Aldon could struggle early on forcing the team to give Parys more reps. Not to mention injury. He probably would take a pay cut down to 1.5 million
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Reply Retweet Favorite · Open #49ers announce that LB Ahmad Brooks has been signed to a six-year contract extension.

Bob Lange ‏ @49ersPR Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Congrats to #49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks who just signed a six-year contract extension that keeps him in red & gold through 2017
Share 49ersWebzone