There are 240 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite · Open 49ers deep in talks with LB Ahmad Brooks. Deal expected soon in range of 5 years/$35M. He's 1 of many key free agents on D #insideslant

Does this mean we aren't getting Lawson.....

J/K

misquote. fixed below.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM ]
that's awesome!!! i'm confident that the deal will be beneficial to the team.

keeping the best front 7 in football together for the long-term--a mostly very young front 7--is the best possible action for this team. it keeps our championship window wide open.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

He's 27 years old in the prime of his career and coming off a productive season. Good OLB's are not that easy to find, so its a good move to keep the band together.

I agree. No matter what anyone wants to say, Brooks is a talented freak. Aldon WILL get double teamed next year and Brooks showed he is very capable of getting to the QB, chasing down RB's, and solid vs the pass. I actually think he's going to get better next year being in his prime. Our key 5 rushers will be the best in the league.

They double-teamed Aldon THIS year.

That's fine tho with Brooks on the other side and Conan the Barb....er......Justin Smith playing inside.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
so does that mean if brooks is signed we can cross off a pass rushing linebacker with a high draft choice off our list? if sachie is right maybe we look for a corner kick returner cuz i have a feeling they will let ginn go to?

Depends on Larry Grant. I really want him back, but he could start elsewhere.

He's 27 years old in the prime of his career and coming off a productive season. Good OLB's are not that easy to find, so its a good move to keep the band together.

To Sus's point, clearly they looked at the draft and thought Brooks was > than any of them. You dont give someone a contract like that if you are going to replace them.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I agree. No matter what anyone wants to say, Brooks is a talented freak. Aldon WILL get double teamed next year and Brooks showed he is very capable of getting to the QB, chasing down RB's, and solid vs the pass. I actually think he's going to get better next year being in his prime. Our key 5 rushers will be the best in the league.

They double-teamed Aldon THIS year.

That's fine tho with Brooks on the other side and Conan the Barb....er......Justin Smith playing inside.

I mean on every play. When they didn't, they got punished.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Grant will not be back, somebody will give him starting job this year.
He better not get all Brandon Moore on us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Does this mean we aren't getting Lawson.....

J/K

hahaha, that is some good stuff oakland

Grant will not be back, somebody will give him starting job this year.

That's OK. I wasn't as high on him as many other here. He played well, but he was surounded by the best "other 6" in the NFL.

He will get a decent contract elsewhere and show why he was available to the 49ers for next to nothing last year.

Let's wait to see how it's loaded...it could be one of those contracts that look great on paper but are never realized.

Yes, this... and I would have been shocked for a smaller deal to have worked.
solid signing , brooks is a beast, keeps our defense in tact
I think that's a pretty fair price to him and it's probably a back loaded contract like the Clements deal. Demarcus Ware has a 6 year 78 million dollar deal and while Brooks is nowhere near Ware's talent level, we're paying him less than half of that (which sounds about right).
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Lacanfora is a douche

dont be surprised if this is completely wrong
Share 49ersWebzone