LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
damn

Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Per tweet via ESPN's Josina Anderson, Brooks' six-year deal has max value of $44.5 million. bit.ly/ydgsVr

He will never see all that money

#fact

Correct.
Hmmm 30 year old CB ot 28 year old LB

Did Brooks get voted to start in the pro bowl or be named an all pro?

There's more to evaluating players than just their age...Rogers was a way better cb this year than brooks was olb...maybe we should tear up pat willis' contract and give it to scott mckillop since he's younger
[ Edited by andes14 on Feb 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM ]
The biggest details will be the signing bonus and yearly roster bonuses.
I saw a much more complete OLB this past season...pairing him up w/Aldon Smith will give us two very good outside guys. Beyond that, Fangio will unleash his full defensive playbook during this off-season and obviously those two are an integral part of it. As already pointed out, the better our front 7 is, the more freedom our secondary is to make plays.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by susweel:
damn

Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Per tweet via ESPN's Josina Anderson, Brooks' six-year deal has max value of $44.5 million. bit.ly/ydgsVr

He will never see all that money

#fact

Correct.

Similar to Nate Clements last off-season.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by meelville49:
Question though is 6 yrs too long? love the signing but worried about length and guaranted money!

Ever heard of Nate Clements? Huge contract and a lot of years... that worked out well.

thats my point exactly, i know that no contract is completely guaranted. But i hope it doesn't hender our other moves preferably going after v.jack.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I saw a much more complete OLB this past season...pairing him up w/Aldon Smith will give us two very good outside guys. Beyond that, Fangio will unleash his full defensive playbook during this off-season and obviously those two are an integral part of it. As already pointed out, the better our front 7 is, the more freedom our secondary is to make plays.

Yeah

Brooks needs to cut out the dumb mistakes though...offsides, neutral zone etc..
Say goodbye to Haralson if he doesn't want to restructure his deal.
Originally posted by meelville49:
Question though is 6 yrs too long? love the signing but worried about length and guaranted money!

No guranteed contracts in the NFL anyway. Who cares! He's back.

I'm shocked at this contract. I'm a big fan of keeping Brooks but I never thought he would get a deal this big. I'm thinking Goldson franchised, Rogers gone, and some cheaper vets brought in to backup at safety and corner. I think they will address secondary in draft as well.
I'm glad our LB core is set for the next year and years to come. Six years, I'm assuming they are pushing the numbers around to help the cap! Great signing, a little scared we would have a rookie in the line up.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Say goodbye to Haralson if he doesn't want to restructure his deal.

I agree. No way they are paying him 2.5 mill to backup.

Confirmed: LB Ahmad Brooks is getting $17.5 million guaranteed in 6-year, $44.5 million to stay with #49ers and stay off free agent market
Share 49ersWebzone