There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

WOW!!!!
Best front 7 in football staying together!
Brooks right now

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
cheater....lol

Damn, I mean Brooks is solid but I thought he'd get like 4 or 5 mil per...I'm wondering if that shrilla wouldn't be better spent securing Rogers and an outside free agent like Wallace then starting A. Smith and Haralson at OLB and drafting one or two....BUT I suppose Baalke's earned my trust to the point that even if we used our 1st round pick on the 4th string long snapper from southcentral north dakota state I'd still be on board.
Glad we got it done. Love to get more details on the deal.

Now for Goldson and Rogers.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
they shoulda never gave you nighas money!
Its already been reported over the weekend that we were gonna franchise Goldson. Probably gonna sign Alex and Carlos and try working on a deal with Goldson next year
Originally posted by meelville49:
Question though is 6 yrs too long? love the signing but worried about length and guaranted money!

NFL contracts are not guaranteed
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Glad we got it done. Love to get more details on the deal.

Now for Goldson and Rogers.

Originally posted by andes14:
Damn, I mean Brooks is solid but I thought he'd get like 4 or 5 mil per...I'm wondering if that shrilla wouldn't be better spent securing Rogers and an outside free agent like Wallace then starting A. Smith and Haralson at OLB and drafting one or two....BUT I suppose Baalke's earned my trust to the point that even if we used our 1st round pick on the 4th string long snapper from southcentral north dakota state I'd still be on board.

Hmmm 30 year old CB ot 28 year old LB
we still should draft a backup OLB/ passrusher for depth
great news
Originally posted by meelville49:
Question though is 6 yrs too long? love the signing but worried about length and guaranted money!

Ever heard of Nate Clements? Huge contract and a lot of years... that worked out well.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
more importantly what is his 2012 cap #? How does it affect our ability to re-sign Alex, Rogers, Goldson and the rest of them?