There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Brooks Bails, Bring Back Manny?

He is exactly like Haralson. We need a pass rushing OLB that can stay on the field on 3rd down
Hahahaaaaaa.....NO
Originally posted by Fal_Mc11:
Hahahaaaaaa.....NO

This but without the laughter. This thread is epic fail. No way we bring him back. Remember why we let him go?
Originally posted by Draftology:
He is exactly like Haralson. We need a pass rushing OLB that can stay on the field on 3rd down

Exactly like Harlason? Ok.

P.S. This thread isn't will we, it's should we? I admit that chances are low, but its worth the conversation since most of the topics posted now a days on this site have been explored or discussed adnoxsioum (however you spell it).
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM ]
Manny was amazing in coverage and against the run. There's some drop off in creating pressure obviously, but that's about it. I'd be okay with it. I'd prefer to keep Brooks though.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
oh my god dude just seriously... please stop . He's not coming back, the coaching staff let him go in the first place in other words "we dont want him on our team, he's not a fit for our system". Seriously just let it go.
when i saw this thread my blood pressure started to rise with another lets get another x niner back lucky i saw this reply from willis and now i do not have to say anything,,, you sum it up very very well,, thank you whether its jamie winborn, jason hill, owens or whoever the hell else,,, what gives with the constant clammer to bring back x niners who are x niners for a reason

I guess his name isn't Alex Smith so he doesn't get a second, third, fourth or fifth chance to show his true potential......
Sure. He never could pass rush, and he never really fit in the 3-4 scheme well at all. Why not bring him back?
This place is utterly amazing. I'm almost speechless at this idea.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Sure. He never could pass rush, and he never really fit in the 3-4 scheme well at all. Why not bring him back?

What's his best pass rush season vs Brooks...and look at the supporting cast when it happened. It's not THAT bad. And he'd free up Willis again.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I guess his name isn't Alex Smith so he doesn't get a second, third, fourth or fifth chance to show his true potential......

Weak ass argument. Comparing apples and oranges.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
alex is not an ex niner. Yes bringing back x niners back to a system where they do not fit and to coaches who got rid of them in the first place is very worthy of discussion

Awesome...another Alex arguement. Serious he is our QB, get over it and move on. We are talking about bring in an EX 49er never fit the scheme and choose to leave us on top of that. PASS on Manny.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
alex has nothing to do with this post, please
Manny sucks as pass rusher he does not fit the 3/4 scheme.
Appreciate the idea but I don't feel he will make an improvement on our team. If he is so effective, why wasn't he highly sought after in FA last ear? Why didn't he get actively persued by the team he just played for?

I wish him well. That is well any other place but here.
naw rather have brooks, alot more physical and can get sacks.