There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Signed LS Ryan Pontbriand, Browns former LS(Under Seely)

Sounds like a wine. I'll have a glass of the Pontbriand.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Harbaugh said Jennings is a jedi knight of long snapping. Not sure what this signing is about.
Saying the LONG SNAPPER has a high cap figure isn't self apparent?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Yes. That'd be sarcasm.

you kinda suck at it. You could've added a smiley or something...

Originally posted by mike:
Harbaugh said Jennings is a jedi knight of long snapping. Not sure what this signing is about.

Originally posted by mike:

Competition and injury insurance.
pontraband got released from the browns because of two horrible snaps that cost them games this year. I really can't see the point of this signing.
It's quite obvious what the Niners are doing. Sign every long snapper in the league and beat everyone on special teams. Genius!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
pontraband got released from the browns because of two horrible snaps that cost them games this year. I really can't see the point of this signing.

Seely knows him and Jennings is getting up there in age. Might as well start looking now, although Jennings could probably go another 3-4 years I'd say.
  • 2w2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

Seely knows him and Jennings is getting up there in age. Might as well start looking now, although Jennings could probably go another 3-4 years I'd say.

Bill Walsh always let a guy go one year early than one year late. You don't want Jennings to miss two FG snaps and lose two games next year.
Football is not kind to older guys.