There are 150 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Yep. They're all phonies. Exactly zero of them will boo when he makes a positive play. At worst, they'll do nothing...like an immature teenager. I doubt they'll even give a sarcastic eye roll.

nobody is a phonie... fans are entitled to show their displeasure and the fans have every right to boo him, and if they cheer em after he does well, what else do you expect? they are still 49ers fans first afterall? and you cant live int he past forever.

This entire thread is about desperately trying to live in the past. It's over. Move on. If he's on the team, cheer for him.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Kyle Williams, despite whatever he does, will always be remembered as the guy who cost the 49ers a legit chance to win a Super Bowl.

He has no chance for redemption unless we win a title with him making a big contribution (both of which are unlikely).

Our chance to win a SB was this year...and Kyle Williams is THE main reason we didn't see it happen. f**k HIM.

I thought 3 for 13 on 3rd downs, the fact that we had the opportunity to march down the field and get a field goal but NO we had another 3 and out instead, was the main reason we lost?

I'll try to come up with an analogy here, say a chicken is crossing the road, it has like 9 opportunities to cross that road, but instead stands right in the middle of the lane. When a car finally hits it, you blame the car?

Williams just sealed the deal, obviously you want a receiver who's like 5th or 6th on the depth chart to step up but that's a ton of pressure for someone who never usually even starts. We weren't getting the usual turnovers(we'd have been decimated against the saints the previous week without those turnovers), it was just a matter of time before our 3 and outs caught up to us.

I remember one of the commentators saying that the Patriots failed to take advantage of opportunities in their first superbowl meeting against the Giants, ultimately that's how I see our game against them. A bunch of failed chances to make game changing plays. When a game changing play inevitably goes there way you can't just blame the guy who hammered the last nail in the coffin.

You, sir, are correct. KW was just the final nail in the coffin. We simply did not execute on offense to earn a championship. Blaming KW is like blaming the last pack of cigarettes you smoked for your lung cancer. Our horrendous offense pushed us to the cliff's edge. KW simply took the final step.

That's a strange way of looking at it.

For me I can clearly see that if our offense had played lights out then yes, KW wouldn't have been a factor. But the facts remain that despite our s**tty offensive play we were winning the game. If we didn't filed a punt returner (and they still punted it to the same spots) we win the game 14-10 most likely.

Think about it. Just having the ability to go 3 and out and then punt the ball for the rest of the game probably wins the game. Andy Lee is a top tier punter, we had the lead. It wouldn't have been pretty, but it would have won the game.

The Giants only crossed the 50 on their own merit in the 2nd half ONCE. They were getting shut down by our D. But low and behold KW gave them two starting field positions very near the red zone. That is why he lost the game. IF you're not better than not fielding anyone at your position then you're the cause. No PR, we get terrible field position or touchbacks and we probably go 3 and out and punt. If that's the way the game goes I see us easily winning that game 14-10

Not claiming that I can predict what would have happened. Who knows, but the way the game was going that is how it would have likely played out. KW handed them beautiful fiels position, TWICE. They weren't getting there on their own
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1swift:

For me I can clearly see that if our offense had played lights out then yes, KW wouldn't have been a factor. But the facts remain that despite our s**tty offensive play we were winning the game. If we didn't filed a punt returner (and they still punted it to the same spots) we win the game 14-10 most likely.

Think about it. Just having the ability to go 3 and out and then punt the ball for the rest of the game probably wins the game. Andy Lee is a top tier punter, we had the lead. It wouldn't have been pretty, but it would have won the game.

The Giants only crossed the 50 on their own merit in the 2nd half ONCE. They were getting shut down by our D. But low and behold KW gave them two starting field positions very near the red zone. That is why he lost the game. IF you're not better than not fielding anyone at your position then you're the cause. No PR, we get terrible field position or touchbacks and we probably go 3 and out and punt. If that's the way the game goes I see us easily winning that game 14-10

Not claiming that I can predict what would have happened. Who knows, but the way the game was going that is how it would have likely played out. KW handed them beautiful fiels position, TWICE. They weren't getting there on their own

Lights out? Who cares about lights out. I would settle for oh...I don't know...30 effing percent on 3rd downs. How about that? With even an average offense on 3rd down...we win with comfort in regulation.

Fact is, the offense was terrible. KW was just the last straw. That's that.

Lights out? Who cares about lights out. I would settle for oh...I don't know...30 effing percent on 3rd downs. How about that? With even an average offense on 3rd down...we win with comfort in regulation.

Your argument might make sense if KW fumbled when we were down 7 or 10 points.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

With even an average 3rd down % his regulation fumble would have been almost inconsequential and the overtime fumble would have never had the chance to occur. Oh yeah, and our D got lit up by Cruz in the first half. 100+ yards? Absolutely terrible.

Championship teams don't give up 100+ yards to one player in the first half while converting a putrid % of 3rd downs in NFC championship games. Abysmal.

This is a team sport.

With even an average 3rd down % his regulation fumble would have been almost inconsequential and the overtime fumble would have never had the chance to occur. Oh yeah, and our D got lit up by Cruz in the first half. 100+ yards? Absolutely terrible.

Championship teams don't give up 100+ yards to one player in the first half while converting a putrid % of 3rd downs in NFC championship games. Abysmal.

This is a team sport.

The fact that you're trying to blame the defense for anything in that game is not only laughable, but almost sad.

Secondly, nobody is absolving the offense...it's just clear to anyone with eyes that the MAIN reason we lost was KWs blunders.
Being a die hard Red Sox fan and die hard Niners fan i'm rooting for this kid to make the team and a couple of pro bowls too .. after seeing what happened to Bill Buckner around here i don't think anyone should have to endure that kind of treatment for a simple mistake.. or in williams case 2 mistakes .. lol ... even buckners kids took crap what happened to him... hopefully the rest of us niners fans are better than that.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The fact that you're trying to blame the defense for anything in that game is not only laughable, but almost sad.

Secondly, nobody is absolving the offense...it's just clear to anyone with eyes that the MAIN reason we lost was KWs blunders.

Stop with your dramatics. The pass D was absolutely lit up in the 1st half. That's a fact. A failing effort for any championship team.

The main reason we lost was because several aspects of our team were mediocre or worse in the most important game of the year. KW was just the final nail. That's that. You need a name to blame, so you pick the guy who made the most recent mistake. It's basic human psychology. But that doesn't mean KW was the main reason. It just means you want to focus your emotion.

This is a team sport.

Stop with your dramatics. The pass D was absolutely lit up in the 1st half. That's a fact. A failing effort for any championship team.

The main reason we lost was because several aspects of our team were mediocre or worse in the most important game of the year. KW was just the final nail. That's that. You need a name to blame, so you pick the guy who made the most recent mistake. It's basic human psychology. But that doesn't mean KW was the main reason. It just means you want to focus your emotion.

This is a team sport.

The pass D was lit up yet we gave up only 10 points. Funny how that works sometimes huh? Great job of focusing on the first half as well...as if there's no such thing as, you know, a SECOND HALF.

Our 3rd down efficiency was terrible all season long. Guess what, we were still winning 14-10 and had the ball coming back to us. Your KW being the "final straw" argument makes absolutely no sense in light of the fact that WE WERE WINNING when he committed his most egregious second fumble (the first being when he cost our offense 15 yards but I'm sure you conveniently forgot about that) and we were tied in OT and about to get the ball when we fumbled a third time. Our formula was to not take chances on 3rd downs because it could lead to turnovers. That's how we'd been winning all year and it was working again in that game. Again, I'm not absolving the offense of all blame. Try to keep those two ideas separated.

You can try to convince yourself this "we lost as a team" theory if it makes you feel better. Fact is, we were still the better team on the field minus one player. Our defense played better than theirs. Our offense played on par with theirs. KWs blunders were the difference. How anyone can't see that is unreal.
It would be best for everyone involved for Kyle to be playing elsewhere next season.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude has suffered enough it was the coaches mistake anyway he had a history of fumbling punts since college

ditto . . . last year was last year.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude has suffered enough it was the coaches mistake anyway he had a history of fumbling punts since college

ditto . . . last year was last year.

Him not getting away from a punt bouncing on the ground has nothing to do with coaching. It has to do with him being an indecisive, unaware idiot.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
If he is on the team next season its because it is Harbaughs decision , who the hell am i to judge the coach of the years decisions?

Good way to look at it.
This entire thread is about desperately trying to live in the past. It's over. Move on. If he's on the team, cheer for him.

Couldn't agree more.
Cheer...obviously.
Share 49ersWebzone