There are 159 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Neither, but I picked boo.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Kyle Williams, despite whatever he does, will always be remembered as the guy who cost the 49ers a legit chance to win a Super Bowl.

He has no chance for redemption unless we win a title with him making a big contribution (both of which are unlikely).

Our chance to win a SB was this year...and Kyle Williams is THE main reason we didn't see it happen. f**k HIM.

I thought 3 for 13 on 3rd downs, the fact that we had the opportunity to march down the field and get a field goal but NO we had another 3 and out instead, was the main reason we lost?

I'll try to come up with an analogy here, say a chicken is crossing the road, it has like 9 opportunities to cross that road, but instead stands right in the middle of the lane. When a car finally hits it, you blame the car?

Williams just sealed the deal, obviously you want a receiver who's like 5th or 6th on the depth chart to step up but that's a ton of pressure for someone who never usually even starts. We weren't getting the usual turnovers(we'd have been decimated against the saints the previous week without those turnovers), it was just a matter of time before our 3 and outs caught up to us.

I remember one of the commentators saying that the Patriots failed to take advantage of opportunities in their first superbowl meeting against the Giants, ultimately that's how I see our game against them. A bunch of failed chances to make game changing plays. When a game changing play inevitably goes there way you can't just blame the guy who hammered the last nail in the coffin.

You, sir, are correct. KW was just the final nail in the coffin. We simply did not execute on offense to earn a championship. Blaming KW is like blaming the last pack of cigarettes you smoked for your lung cancer. Our horrendous offense pushed us to the cliff's edge. KW simply took the final step.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I no longer live in Ca. and never go to games any more (saw some great ones 80's-90's) so please if you don't mind, BOO HIM FOR ME!!!!!!!!

haha no problemo
Kyle Williams, despite whatever he does, will always be remembered as the guy who cost the 49ers a legit chance to win a Super Bowl.

He has no chance for redemption unless we win a title with him making a big contribution (both of which are unlikely).

Our chance to win a SB was this year...and Kyle Williams is THE main reason we didn't see it happen. f**k HIM.

I thought 3 for 13 on 3rd downs, the fact that we had the opportunity to march down the field and get a field goal but NO we had another 3 and out instead, was the main reason we lost?

I'll try to come up with an analogy here, say a chicken is crossing the road, it has like 9 opportunities to cross that road, but instead stands right in the middle of the lane. When a car finally hits it, you blame the car?

Williams just sealed the deal, obviously you want a receiver who's like 5th or 6th on the depth chart to step up but that's a ton of pressure for someone who never usually even starts. We weren't getting the usual turnovers(we'd have been decimated against the saints the previous week without those turnovers), it was just a matter of time before our 3 and outs caught up to us.

I remember one of the commentators saying that the Patriots failed to take advantage of opportunities in their first superbowl meeting against the Giants, ultimately that's how I see our game against them. A bunch of failed chances to make game changing plays. When a game changing play inevitably goes there way you can't just blame the guy who hammered the last nail in the coffin.

If you boo him you should also boo alex and crabtree.

I agree that the offense is also to blame in this loss. I'm a huge Alex Smith "hater" and have consistently said he's nothing more than an average (at best) NFL QB. We also got away from the run game which was working. We also gave the ball to Dixon for some strange reason. We also were too conservative to go for it on 4th and inches despite our O winning the battle at the line at the time. I'm not absolving the offense. We also got screwed by the refs (but that's another thread).

We were terrible on 3rd downs all season long. We put pressure on our D to win us games and you know what...they were good enough to do it all year long as long as we didn't turn the ball over.

If you honestly believe our lack of 3rd down efficiency is more to blame than KWs THREE fumbles, then I have nothing more to say. Without those fumbles, we save more than 3 points and probably win the SB.
will boo... the first time, the second time, the third time, etc etc
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so let me get this straight. He catches a 5 yard out, breaks a tackle and takes it to the house. You're gonna boo? lmao. i don't buy it.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
As sad as it may be and as hard as it is to accept for some of you, KW was the most impressive WR we had last season. So if he's not good enough for the NFL, neither are any of our other WR's. Clean house. But KW isn't going anywhere, guaranteed.

thats what i thought to lol, crab was way better, and morgan too if he stayed healthy, he is a good number 4 maybe, he played what? 2 good games? one against the lowly lambs and one ok td catch against the cowpukes... what else? if anything it showed he was decent due to lack of wr depth last season.
so let me get this straight. He catches a 5 yard out, breaks a tackle and takes it to the house. You're gonna boo? lmao. i don't buy it.

unless its the game winner in Super Bowl 47... im sitting on my hands
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dude has suffered enough it was the coaches mistake anyway he had a history of fumbling punts since college

Yep, blame it on Jim Harbaugh....

Blame it on the alcohol...

yea i was thinking more along the liines during introduction or when he makes dump off catches or short gains he will probably be booed, i doubt anyone will boo for a td reception or long catch, but thats more towards cheering for the team, and i guess if that means cheering for him then so be it, im sure IF he does well and is still starting for whatever reason , the boos will turn into cheers eventually, but i doubt all will be forgiven till he proves it in the playoffs, or has a crazy season.

cheer big time
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

yea i was thinking more along the liines during introduction or when he makes dump off catches or short gains he will probably be booed, i doubt anyone will boo for a td reception or long catch, but thats more towards cheering for the team, and i guess if that means cheering for him then so be it, im sure IF he does well and is still starting for whatever reason , the boos will turn into cheers eventually, but i doubt all will be forgiven till he proves it in the playoffs, or has a crazy season.
Meh, the way our fans are we'll boo someone one season and think the guy's God the next season.(Hi alex smith). That is, if KW makes the roster and actually sees some sort of starting job in order to redeem himself.

If you boo him you should also boo alex and crabtree.

I agree that the offense is also to blame in this loss. I'm a huge Alex Smith "hater" and have consistently said he's nothing more than an average (at best) NFL QB. We also got away from the run game which was working. We also gave the ball to Dixon for some strange reason. We also were too conservative to go for it on 4th and inches despite our O winning the battle at the line at the time. I'm not absolving the offense. We also got screwed by the refs (but that's another thread).

We were terrible on 3rd downs all season long. We put pressure on our D to win us games and you know what...they were good enough to do it all year long as long as we didn't turn the ball over.

If you honestly believe our lack of 3rd down efficiency is more to blame than KWs THREE fumbles, then I have nothing more to say. Without those fumbles, we save more than 3 points and probably win the SB.
As long as you criticize everyone I'm happy lol. I admit it was a significant part of the loss as well. But people often look over all the failed opportunities and put the blame fully on Kyle and I don't think that's anywhere near the truth.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Yep. They're all phonies. Exactly zero of them will boo when he makes a positive play. At worst, they'll do nothing...like an immature teenager. I doubt they'll even give a sarcastic eye roll.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Yep. They're all phonies. Exactly zero of them will boo when he makes a positive play. At worst, they'll do nothing...like an immature teenager. I doubt they'll even give a sarcastic eye roll.

nobody is a phonie... fans are entitled to show their displeasure and the fans have every right to boo him, and if they cheer em after he does well, what else do you expect? they are still 49ers fans first afterall? and you cant live int he past forever.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
by the sounds of it, a lot of these guys are saying they're gonna live in the past forever. Unless he makes a game winning catch in a superbowl for the 9ers.
Share 49ersWebzone