There are 254 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Boo, of course. It's not about being classy or unclassy. Basic principles of psychology y'all - reinforcement. Would any of you positively reinforce your children, friends, etc. for making a huge error in judgement which costs a large group of people emotional / mental anguish? Of course not. On the other hand, the booing should not be based on pure hatred and vengeance. When he catches his first TD pass, I will appropriately cheer him and positively reinforce him. Regarding those who say that he has suffered enough...perhaps. When Josh Morgan went down, I was extremely moved by his open letter to the 49ers Faithful. It seemed as though he even blamed himself for the injury, letting the team down, and he promised the 49ers fanbase to come back stronger, better, and hungrier. Well-done and appreciated. I would've expected that as a bare minimum from Kyle Williams for his Bill Buckner-esque actions.
i will boo him forever!!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Maybe people will boo because they are sick and tired of having their heartbroken by this team. Maybe people will boo because we were so close to winning another title until Williams blew it. So save the whole "I'm too classy to boo" s**t.

thats the sense of entitlement right there, we're 5 time champs and your acting like a bills or vikings fan.

LOL I didn't realize we've lowered our expectations as 49ers fans where as long as we are in the NFC title game its ok. I mean who cares if we win we've already got 5 titles lets give everybody a chance to win too. Expecting the 49ers to win is what made this team great. Sorry if winning isn't one of your priorities as a fan.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
it is disappointing, but in all honesty we dont have a very classy fan base, theres a certain portion of the fan base thats like entitled little brats who think its our right to have sb championships and HOF qb play, its the downside to being dominant for 2 decades straight

all fans are the same for every team

i dont think fans from all 32 teams would send death threats to a player, it wasnt a one off tweet from one pissed off fan

yes they would

even the super classy patriots fans ridiculed welker

its the same fan base who gave death threats to bill buckner, they're not classy

i was being sarcastic but no they're not...like i said all fan bases have idiots
it is disappointing, but in all honesty we dont have a very classy fan base, theres a certain portion of the fan base thats like entitled little brats who think its our right to have sb championships and HOF qb play, its the downside to being dominant for 2 decades straight

all fans are the same for every team

i dont think fans from all 32 teams would send death threats to a player, it wasnt a one off tweet from one pissed off fan

Are you kidding me? you don't think new york fans and chicago fans would do the same thing and don't even get me started with Raider fans. Don't kid yourself. 49er fans are no worse and no better than other fans. Now you might have point with Jacksonville though! Nobody gives a sh*t about the Jags!!
I would pour a drink on his head if I saw him in a bar. I will NEVER forget those two fumbles. Cut this little b***h. Wouldn't be surprised if we pick up 2-3 WRs this offseason.
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Boo, of course. It's not about being classy or unclassy. Basic principles of psychology y'all - reinforcement. Would any of you positively reinforce your children, friends, etc. for making a huge error in judgement which costs a large group of people emotional / mental anguish? Of course not. On the other hand, the booing should not be based on pure hatred and vengeance. When he catches his first TD pass, I will appropriately cheer him and positively reinforce him. Regarding those who say that he has suffered enough...perhaps. When Josh Morgan went down, I was extremely moved by his open letter to the 49ers Faithful. It seemed as though he even blamed himself for the injury, letting the team down, and he promised the 49ers fanbase to come back stronger, better, and hungrier. Well-done and appreciated. I would've expected that as a bare minimum from Kyle Williams for his Bill Buckner-esque actions.

Do you think his dad boo'd him for costing a large group of people anguish? If my son was playing even high school football and he was in a position like that and fumbled in the state championship, Id still take him to dinner after the game and maybe even sneak him a beer and tell him Im proud of him.
Since youre a psychologist and all do you think negative reinforcement is a better tool than positive?

I can not imagine the hatred for Roger Craig was this bad. Then again, there was no webzone back then.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Do you think his dad boo'd him for costing a large group of people anguish? If my son was playing even high school football and he was in a position like that and fumbled in the state championship, Id still take him to dinner after the game and maybe even sneak him a beer and tell him Im proud of him.
Since youre a psychologist and all do you think negative reinforcement is a better tool than positive?

I can not imagine the hatred for Roger Craig was this bad. Then again, there was no webzone back then.

Roger Craig also helped this team win a couple Superbowls so no the hatred probably wasn't as bad. Kyle Williams hasn't done s**t to prove that he's more than a 4th WR
The players realize that it's ridiculous to blame the loss on Williams after our offense went 1 for 13 on 3rd downs.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The players realize that it's ridiculous to blame the loss on Williams after our offense went 1 for 13 on 3rd downs.

This

Things happen! It was not on purpose he tried his best ala Roger Craig. If he learns from his mistake which I am sure he has then lets all move on it was not just his fumbles that cost them the game there were other issues in that game like WR's . That game should have not been so close in my opinion.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by nflguy49:

This
I don't know about that. Whitner wasn't to happy with him.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
I don't know about that. Whitner wasn't to happy with him.

and if alex didnt save his hide against NO, we'd be talking about how its a simple play u hit graham and get him down to the ground, not go for a pick and whiff on the tackle and have graham run for a long td. he can be pissed if he wants to at williams but he almost cost us the saints game and hes lucky alex smith picked him up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
fun post. we are now debating on when it is appropriate to boo and what booing should be based upon.i know of no decent parent who would encourage thier children to boo.Sorry if i misunderstood your post but what should booing be based on?(that just sounded silly ). please, booing is about class and unclass. to boo a member of your own team is a disgrace.if a player makes you mad with thier play i will b***h and moan with the best of them but would not boo them, you can spin it however you want but booing your own players is beneath the dignity of a niner fan imo
f**k being classy and f**k Kyle Williams
Share 49ersWebzone