LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 240 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The players realize that it's ridiculous to blame the loss on Williams after our offense went 1 for 13 on 3rd downs.
this has always been the bottom line and the truth. had dixon or anyone gotten a lousy yard the punts and fumbles never would have occured. guess its easier to find someone to blame for things.there are alot of little things that happened before the fumble that over ride the fumble
Originally posted by cciowa:
The players realize that it's ridiculous to blame the loss on Williams after our offense went 1 for 13 on 3rd downs.
this has always been the bottom line and the truth. had dixon or anyone gotten a lousy yard the punts and fumbles never would have occured. guess its easier to find someone to blame for things.there are alot of little things that happened before the fumble that over ride the fumble

its typical fan behaviour, short for fanatic, and just like in real life, its easier to blame some else for the problems than it is to accept the truth or reality of a situation. kw didnt help us win and the spot was too big for him, but the nonsense that insued after was and still is uncalled for.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
its typical fan behaviour, short for fanatic, and just like in real life, its easier to blame some else for the problems than it is to accept the truth or reality of a situation. kw didnt help us win and the spot was too big for him, but the nonsense that insued after was and still is uncalled for.
crabman is the brain of spock today with his posts excellant job young man
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
I don't know about that. Whitner wasn't to happy with him.

and if alex didnt save his hide against NO, we'd be talking about how its a simple play u hit graham and get him down to the ground, not go for a pick and whiff on the tackle and have graham run for a long td. he can be pissed if he wants to at williams but he almost cost us the saints game and hes lucky alex smith picked him up
Almost is the key word.
I don't know about that. Whitner wasn't to happy with him.

and if alex didnt save his hide against NO, we'd be talking about how its a simple play u hit graham and get him down to the ground, not go for a pick and whiff on the tackle and have graham run for a long td. he can be pissed if he wants to at williams but he almost cost us the saints game and hes lucky alex smith picked him up
Almost is the key word.

thats my point and everyone is riding high on whitner and loving him, even though he had nothing to do with alex smith driving us down the field to win and a lot to do with giving up the lead. i've spend the past day or so searching for the kyle williams threads from october/november, ppl loved the guy, wanted him out there to play more often and some of the same posters are now saying cut him, i hope he fails, f**k your life blah blah blah, its hilarious and embarassing

Thanks guys for the first reasonable conversation I've seen on this forum since the season ended. Well done!
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Thanks guys for the first reasonable conversation I've seen on this forum since the season ended. Well done!

if i knew before the game we were gonna lose in part due to a tragic fumble in OT, i woulda prefered it be vernon davis or frank gore, i wonder how these jerk jobs woulda handled that, would there be death threats? calls for an immediate release? some of the posters in here were on kw's nuts 6 to 8 weeks prior, now they couldnt care if he ever played another snap for the team
still booing him!
I mean I haven't stopped since the NFC Championship, I just walk around booing all day, until I fall a sleep, then I wake up and boo some more!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I mean I haven't stopped since the NFC Championship, I just walk around booing all day, until I fall a sleep, then I wake up and boo some more!

you need a woman, or a dog

if i knew before the game we were gonna lose in part due to a tragic fumble in OT, i woulda prefered it be vernon davis or frank gore, i wonder how these jerk jobs woulda handled that, would there be death threats? calls for an immediate release? some of the posters in here were on kw's nuts 6 to 8 weeks prior, now they couldnt care if he ever played another snap for the team

Its always been easier for people to attack the lesser known players, or label them as the weakest links. Had it been Frank or Vernon I would guarantee that fans would not have reacted the way they did. Angry yes, death threat and calls for release immediately, no
  • TIM_
  • Veteran
Williams is one of my favorite players. He is a very good receiver and he caught everything thrown near him all season long,when he got the chance. Just because he made a couple bad plays at a position he was not even supposed to be playing in one big game is no reason for people to hate on him. Maybe if alex had seen him (or Crabs or Walker )wide open for a TD in that same game,nobody would care about the fumbles ?
Originally posted by TIM_:
Williams is one of my favorite players. He is a very good receiver and he caught everything thrown near him all season long,when he got the chance. Just because he made a couple bad plays at a position he was not even supposed to be playing in one big game is no reason for people to hate on him. Maybe if alex had seen him (or Crabs or Walker )wide open for a TD in that same game,nobody would care about the fumbles ?

Even if we would have had a similar last 4 minutes of the game as the Saints game and won to go on to the super bowl, people would still be complaining about it.
I see both sides of the argument. People want to defend him and others want to him to leave town ASAP. I'd love to see him ball out and have a good season next year but I can't see why people don't understand that this comes with the territory of being in a big game and the performance being scrutinized or praised heavily. If he'd ran back a touchdown to win, We'd love him.... F-O-R-E-V-E-R. The fact is he didn't. Not only that he screwed up big time twice! And he's paying a heavy price for those mistakes. That's reality. Don't like it? Tough Sh*t! Welcome to real life. SF would have kissed his butt for years if he didn't blow it. At that point in the season when you win, You get ALL the love, but when you don't and lose the way we lost, you're gonna get hammered. That's the way it is and deservedly so. Death threats are over the top but there's always a few knuckleheads out there and that'll never change. When people say he shouldn't been out there in the first place it absolutely infuriates me. By saying that basically you're validating everyones argument. That he's not good enough to even be on the team, not even practice squad. If you're on the field, you're good enough to play. Being the backup doesn't always mean you're not good enough. Ask Tom Brady and Tim Tebow they'll tell you.
Originally posted by TIM_:

Or maybe if KW hadn't blown the 14-10 lead that Alex and the defense created then this thread wouldn't be necessary
Share 49ersWebzone