LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

So I just watched several 49er games on NFL Rewind

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mostly some games '09, '10, and one or two from this year that I missed....

Observations:

1. Josh Morgan is better than Crabtree for sure in the short and intermediate passing game. One of his big receptions against the Seahawks last year in the 40-21 blowout had #1 WR route running technique and breakaway -- an out to the sideline, catch and cut back in for a big gain. I saw some of his stuff early this year and he was very solid, and you can tell who he is even without the jersey #.

BTW, I foresee an epic smashing of the Giants the way we did Seattle in that game.

2. Takeo Spikes, Shawntae Spencer - all made big plays on defense. I didn't watch every game from '09 and '10, but it seemed the few that I did all had INTs by these two. I guess the salary demands of these guys are too high, because it seems like they would bring good depth to our team.

Although I forget who it was who fumbled that pick against ATL.

3. Frank Gore - Those 2 long TDs against Seattle in '09 (79 & 80 yards) came from power formations against a stacked box. Unbelievable!! I hope we can find another guy so we can still have that great big play ability from GIRE!!!!

4. Tim Tebow scored a TD against us in the London game.......lol.

5. Watching the Cincinatti game this year, it really highlighted what we would find out later in the season - if we produce on offense, we will KILL teams. Man the offense looked very out of sync that game, but we still won because our D & ST were great. 0 TDs for Andy Dalton and crew.

Will watch some more. This Game Rewind is the ish......great value, and not as addicting as I would have feared. A nice thing to have handy when you want some football.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Feb 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM ]
Just watched the Saints game. Can't wait to be back at the Stick next year. The atmosphere was awesome.
I bought it last offseason and caught up on the 09 and 10 games. The bought it this year so I could re-watch the games after streaming them live. It's definitely worth the money. Nice to have in the offseason too. This was my 1st year since 04 not having Sunday Ticket.. had to move and it's a bit much but my brother and I use to split the satellite bill so it was worth it.

Anyways, fully agree that as great of a team as we were this year we really will be elite once our offense catches up or comes close to the defense. It's a scary thought... if they could we would be talking dynasty.

Yeah, Josh Morgan started the season slow but so did the team. He really was breaking out against Philly and TB before he got hurt.

Totally agree about Cincy... we were a different team after that 1st half against Philly. We were still in lockout mode early on.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Just watched the Saints game. Can't wait to be back at the Stick next year. The atmosphere was awesome.

I re-watched the highlights so many times but I will definitely watch that down the road when I am itching for more football. Probably after the draft when it gets to those slow months. I might watch the Giants game again but it will kill me to see how big of an opportunity we blew.

P.S. Guys, I don't know about you but I'm hoping that the fans really turn it up this season and the regular season games start to get closer to the Saints game atmosphere. No games this year like the Cowboys game last year. Nothing worse than a home game where it sounds like a road game. Either way the fans did much better last year (I guess a winning team helps) than the past 8 years. People did a nice job at the prime time games but other than that a lot of quiet games before last year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM ]

I miss being there. I had season tickets for years but then had to move to WA state because of work and haven't been to a game since. This next season I'm coming back for a visit to the Bay specifically to go to a game. I can't wait for the schedule to come out and pick which one to attend. I'm hoping a Monday Night game against the Seahawks. I cannot stand that team since I had to deal with their crap fans for years. I was able to buy tickets on the ebay/craigslist for 50 percent of the ticket price on the weeks I went to go watch games, purchase a jersey of the team they were facing then return it on Monday (unless it was an SF one). Ahhh good times.

In b4 the cool story bro.

Anyway, on topic. JT, your first assessment I agree with completely. Imo, Morgan is better than Crabs. I just hope he's able to come back again next year in full strength.
Originally posted by Youngb:

I miss being there. I had season tickets for years but then had to move to WA state because of work and haven't been to a game since. This next season I'm coming back for a visit to the Bay specifically to go to a game. I can't wait for the schedule to come out and pick which one to attend. I'm hoping a Monday Night game against the Seahawks. I cannot stand that team since I had to deal with their crap fans for years. I was able to buy tickets on the ebay/craigslist for 50 percent of the ticket price on the weeks I went to go watch games, purchase a jersey of the team they were facing then return it on Monday (unless it was an SF one). Ahhh good times.

In b4 the cool story bro.

Anyway, on topic. JT, your first assessment I agree with completely. Imo, Morgan is better than Crabs. I just hope he's able to come back again next year in full strength.

Enjoy The Stick while you can, because you will be hard pressed to find the money to buy tix at the new parking lot stadium...
Still can't watch the Giants playoff game. LOL. Still too painful and disturbing. Will probably never watch even though I have NFL Rewind....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Still can't watch the Giants playoff game. LOL. Still too painful and disturbing. Will probably never watch even though I have NFL Rewind....

One bright side was the defense was lights out. They scored the 10 off the fumbles other than that 10 points all game. They had like 5+ drives at the end to finish us off and only could do so with the fumble. Of course their defense was good too but to me it was more how bad our offense was.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

One bright side was the defense was lights out. They scored the 10 off the fumbles other than that 10 points all game. They had like 5+ drives at the end to finish us off and only could do so with the fumble. Of course their defense was good too but to me it was more how bad our offense was.

This.

The interesting thing to note is that we always were able to tie the game when we needed to. That's been the mantra all season.

Only time we failed to do that was Baltimore and Arizona part 2, but only because we couldn't protect Alex.

It's gonna be INTERESTING next season!
The Niners defense played lights out but the weakness of the team all season was the passing game (even though some want to pretend Alex is elite) and it was the passing game that killed us against the giants.

Only 17 points even with one drive starting at midfield? 1 of 13 on 3rd downs. It wasn't the first time this season that the Niners passing offense sucked but it was the first time the defense didn't get three or more turnovers to bail the offense out.

Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Niners defense played lights out but the weakness of the team all season was the passing game (even though some want to pretend Alex is elite) and it was the passing game that killed us against the giants.

Only 17 points even with one drive starting at midfield? 1 of 13 on 3rd downs. It wasn't the first time this season that the Niners passing offense sucked but it was the first time the defense didn't get three or more turnovers to bail the offense out.

We scored the same amount of points as the Pats did vs NYG doe
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by nflguy49:

And they didn't score crap vs. us other than not 1 but 2 Kyle Williams fubles handing them 10 points on a silver platter. We really could have won the Super Bowl this year. No joke. We should have won the Giants game. And I think we would have been in and could have won the Patriots game if we were in it.
Just watched the entire Saints game with some periodic fast forwarding......

Epic, epic game.....it really does get better with time. Still cannot believe 28 points were scored in 3 minutes 53 seconds......

BTW, I know I'm weird and all but I still get excited at all the plays I know are about to happen.....
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

So what? The niners were playing at home and the SF defense played much better then the Pats.
And they didn't score crap vs. us other than not 1 but 2 Kyle Williams fubles handing them 10 points on a silver platter. We really could have won the Super Bowl this year. No joke. We should have won the Giants game. And I think we would have been in and could have won the Patriots game if we were in it.

One could just as easily claim we should have lost to the saints. Saints with FIVE turnovers yet they had the lead until Alex threw that td to Vernon with 9 seconds left.
Share 49ersWebzone