There are 278 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dixon Replacement?

Terrance Gannaway, RB Baylor

I think this kid will be a steal. Good size, great burst, good power, good vision. Got overshadowed at Baylor with RG3 and Kendall but I think he'd be a great pickup on day 3.
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Feb 20, 2012 at 2:18 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Doug Martin RB from BSU! I think that he would be the perfect RB for our offense!!!

This, and draft kellen moore in the 4th.

win win.
that would be horrible
wasting a 2nd round pick on a 3rd RB when gore has at least 2 years left and a young promising back in hunter

and wasting maybe a 4th on a 3rd QB who will not see the field unless 2 qbs get injured

next years RB class is deepp and good much better than this one

we dont need a QB at all

Gore can't stay healthy for a full season. We reduced his snaps more than any other year last year and he still got injured. I think 2 years is wishful thinking. I think we draft Doug Martin and let him learn from Frank. While I like Hunter he is not a every down back. I would put money on Frank get injured next season. I don't want Frank to get injured but we have a monster schedule next season but it is just the nature of the game. I am a realist and for one would rather be prepared for the worst. I am a fan of Doug Martin and think that he would be a great replacement.
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Gore can't stay healthy for a full season. We reduced his snaps more than any other year last year and he still got injured. I think 2 years is wishful thinking. I think we draft Doug Martin and let him learn from Frank. While I like Hunter he is not a every down back. I would put money on Frank get injured next season. I don't want Frank to get injured but we have a monster schedule next season but it is just the nature of the game. I am a realist and for one would rather be prepared for the worst. I am a fan of Doug Martin and think that he would be a great replacement.

we will and should not waste a 2nd round pick ona 3rd RB

even ig gore has 1 good year left we should just take a RB next year lattimore ball and deyer are much better than martin and at least 1 of them will be there in end of 1st round next year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we will and should not waste a 2nd round pick ona 3rd RB

even ig gore has 1 good year left we should just take a RB next year lattimore ball and deyer are much better than martin and at least 1 of them will be there in end of 1st round next year
Part of me thinks we need a running back to replace gore this year but I think you are right about waiting till next year. esp if we let ginn, brooks and rogers walk we will have major needs at those spots which are more vital or at least, allow us to put off gores replacement for a year since we have hunter. However 126 would you be ok with dixon around for another year though? what do you think?
Originally posted by 9moon:
I think Gore is done. .. lets not hold on to him too long.. the guy sold us out against the Giants... he didn't know what to do and played scarred all game long.. I would draft (x-9er back) Wendell Tyler's son in the 3rd round.. I see him being a very good back in this league..

Remember, u heard it here first..

"sold us out"?
How about Mike Tolbert as a big 3rd down back? He is big for short-yardage situations and nifty runner in longer downs and catching passes. He is kinda like Jerome Bettis - big, but great feet.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
"sold us out"?

the only thing i can figure is he is talking about gore wanting to come out on a crucial 3rd and 4th and one when dixon came in and could not get the first? Now i will admit that at first i was upset gore was not in there but I would in no way say he "sold us out". that is stupid,, now i am not calling the poster stupid but that is a bit harsh. gore and sold out do not belong in the same sentence
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I think Gore is done. .. lets not hold on to him too long.. the guy sold us out against the Giants... he didn't know what to do and played scarred all game long.. I would draft (x-9er back) Wendell Tyler's son in the 3rd round.. I see him being a very good back in this league..

Remember, u heard it here first..
what do you mean,,, he did not know what to do
Originally posted by HearstFan:
How about Mike Tolbert as a big 3rd down back? He is big for short-yardage situations and nifty runner in longer downs and catching passes. He is kinda like Jerome Bettis - big, but great feet.

agreed

Im a huge fan of Tolbert. Hell, with Tolbert on the roster Id even be fine if Gore really was done. Tolbert receiving the early down carries and Hunter spelling him would make for a hell of a rushing attack.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Im a huge fan of Tolbert. Hell, with Tolbert on the roster Id even be fine if Gore really was done. Tolbert receiving the early down carries and Hunter spelling him would make for a hell of a rushing attack.

+1. I think Gore has another year left of 1k yards though, but not necessarily as a full time player. More Hunter please.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Michael bush

But I like dixon
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by pfizz:
Why do people instantly cancel Hunter out as a primary back? The little guy is a play maker. Is it because of his size? I'm pretty sure MJD and Ray Rice have something to say about that.

RR 5'8 212
MJD 5'7 208
KH 5'7 200
That's what I'm saying lol. People look at lighter weight guys like Bush or Best and see how many injuries those guys take over their careers and assume it's the reality for all sub-215 pound backs to be unable to take the pounding.

The fact is Hunter is smaller framed than both of those guys so he's not only able to hide himself and have a lower center of gravity, but he's also just not as lanky as those guys(3 inches shorter than Best, 4 shorter than Bush).

Tell me if he looks like a guy who is just a "change of pace back"? And this is before he gets involved in a NFL level conditioning program:

First thing Baalke says is they feel he's not just a change of pace back.

Seriously if Bush can be a "between the tackles" runner in miami or at least an every down back you know Kendall Hunter could do it.

Bush is 6'0" 200!!!! Same with CJ Spiler(5'11" 197) Same weight as Hunter but stretched out an extra 5 inches, thats like having Brett Swain as our RB! The only reason bush and Spiller are in the NFL is because their athletes, in terms of body types they would be better served as receivers but because they grew up playing RB and had success in college no one in the nfl wanted to change them.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Michael bush

But I like dixon

I like Dixon as well, not sure why people hate him so much. Great special teams player, good red zone guy...maybe its his tweets? I'm not sure what he did, but he was in the dog house all year!
Originally posted by Fal_Mc11:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Michael bush

But I like dixon

I like Dixon as well, not sure why people hate him so much. Great special teams player, good red zone guy...maybe its his tweets? I'm not sure what he did, but he was in the dog house all year!

The dude seems crazy. Watching his tweet pattern I wouldn't be suprised if he was bi-polar or on meds.