LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Dixon Replacement?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Smith to Mays basket-catch style
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Dickson = waste of roster spot

He's good for ST, but thats about it.

Thats all you keep a fourth running back to do so how could it possibly be a waste of a roster spot
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Dickson = waste of roster spot

He's good for ST, but thats about it.

Thats all you keep a fourth running back to do so how could it possibly be a waste of a roster spot
he's been the 3rd guy for some time and never offers anything really.....would rather have a 4th OLB or a backup OT
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Did Dixon get cut?

Oakland - no he didn't its a joke because of Willie Mays' honorary jersey is #24 so we ran with it.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

RIP Boobie Dixon

^_^
Unimpressive.

This season is it for him.
Originally posted by jreff22:
he's been the 3rd guy for some time and never offers anything really.....would rather have a 4th OLB or a backup OT

He offers kick and punt coverage and he can run the ball despite the popular theory around here that he has no talent. We do not need anymore offensive lineman on our active roster. If we had a ready body at OLB who was a better athlete than Dixon then I would be all for cutting Dixon but unfortunately we do not have anyone like that.
It's okay next year Steven Jackson can come to the bay and finish off his career winning a couple Super Bowls with us and Gore.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
It's okay next year Steven Jackson can come to the bay and finish off his career winning a couple Super Bowls with us and Gore.

I thought of this also. 2 yr deal and let jacobs and dixon walk. We can draft Dixon's replacement on special teams. Jackson can surely grind out a few tough yards behind our OL. Scary thought for the opposition
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Ajanke:

I thought of this also. 2 yr deal and let jacobs and dixon walk. We can draft Dixon's replacement on special teams. Jackson can surely grind out a few tough yards behind our OL. Scary thought for the opposition

that would be interesting , I admit ...but I'm too excited about the upside of Kendall Hunter than signing a big name RB

plus we still have to think about getting James into the Mix ...Jackson would need to be fed at least 12 times a game if he would be willing to backup Gore, so it would be pushing back the development of James , and cutting into Hunters playing time ...It's nice to have too many good players huh ...It sure beats looking for a RB off the streets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it makes no sense to sign jackson. he would want alot of carries. hunter can not be taken for granted here as I feel he will only get better and better for us. lets just see what happens with jacobs this year and we have to make room for james next year as a back and as a return man. the less said about dixon the better to me. he brings nothing to the run game and in my opinion he is to slow on the return game, i feel he is a waste of a roster spot.

Share 49ersWebzone