There are 137 users in the forums

Dixon Replacement?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Doug Martin RB from BSU! I think that he would be the perfect RB for our offense!!!

yea that was my thought too! i would love him on our team and he will probably be there for our 2nd round pick but if he is there in the 3rd then we gota snatch him up fo sho...
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Given a perfect scenario, which RB will you want to replace Dixon? As for me,
LeGarrette Blount over Peyton Hillis anyday & both will hit the free agency in March

Blount isnt an unrestricted free agent for 2 more seasons chief, do you know how the NFL works>?
Doug Martin RB from BSU! I think that he would be the perfect RB for our offense!!!

This, and draft kellen moore in the 4th.

win win.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Blount isnt an unrestricted free agent for 2 more seasons chief, do you know how the NFL works>?

I was waiting to see how long until that was mentioned. A+ for paying attention
I don't think we're spending big bucks on someone to be the third running back. Kendall Hunter has proven that he deserves more carries per game. We may draft someone in the lower rounds (4th-7th) to provide traning camp competition for Anthony Dixon.
I really like Robert Turbin Utah State 5'10", 216. Not sure where he's projected to be chosen. I've read 3-5 rounds which is a heck of a llot of ground.
I like the idea of getting Blount - but to replace Dixon? No way, he'll be taking a big contract to be the lead back somewhere.

If the 49ers were realists, they would recognize Gore needs a legit 1B back to spell him and grow into the 1A role -- much like one of the best backs of all time, Marshall Faulk had Steven Jackson come in when he was at the end of his career.

But we have other priorities than spending big bucks in FA on a back this year. I think they will look to try and find a future 1A back in round 3 or 4 in the draft.
I hope we can replace Dixon. Mrob was a better special teams player/3rd string RB
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I like the idea of getting Blount - but to replace Dixon? No way, he'll be taking a big contract to be the lead back somewhere.

If the 49ers were realists, they would recognize Gore needs a legit 1B back to spell him and grow into the 1A role -- much like one of the best backs of all time, Marshall Faulk had Steven Jackson come in when he was at the end of his career.

But we have other priorities than spending big bucks in FA on a back this year. I think they will look to try and find a future 1A back in round 3 or 4 in the draft.

Blount. Is. Not. Available.
I like the idea of getting Aaron Rodgers too. Unfortunately neither is a free agent.
No need to draft a RB. Pick up a rookie FA after the draft. As long as he can play special teams it makes no difference.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Would love to have Blount, he's an absolute monster and his run against the Packers last year was a thing of beauty.

One of the best runs I've ever seen...serious. Have him be 1A, Gore 1B, and Hunter as the speed back. Would much rather do that than blow a fortune on a WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1gN0o4JO4&feature=related

That's 80% horrible tackling.

Blount is one-dimensional and will want no part of being a #3 back. Overpaying for RB is a huge mistake, IMO.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
That's 80% horrible tackling.

Blount is one-dimensional and will want no part of being a #3 back. Overpaying for RB is a huge mistake, IMO.

Blount is a jackass. I wouldn't trade Dixon straight up for him.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

This, and draft kellen moore in the 4th.

win win.
that would be horrible
wasting a 2nd round pick on a 3rd RB when gore has at least 2 years left and a young promising back in hunter

and wasting maybe a 4th on a 3rd QB who will not see the field unless 2 qbs get injured

next years RB class is deepp and good much better than this one

we dont need a QB at all
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
that would be horrible
wasting a 2nd round pick on a 3rd RB when gore has at least 2 years left and a young promising back in hunter

and wasting maybe a 4th on a 3rd QB who will not see the field unless 2 qbs get injured

next years RB class is deepp and good much better than this one

we dont need a QB at all

LOL at Kellen Moore, that'd be like a 4th QB for this team.
I'm not so sure Gore has two big years left in him. He seemed pretty beat up this year and I think they have to start thinking about drafting his heir apparent in the next year or so. Hunter is a great change of pace guy and pass protected a lot better than I thought he would, but he's not going to be the main mail carrier.
Share 49ersWebzone