There are 241 users in the forums

Dixon Replacement?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Given a perfect scenario, which RB will you want to replace Dixon? As for me,
LeGarrette Blount over Peyton Hillis anyday & both will hit the free agency in March
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by sixbricks:
LeGarrette Blount over Peyton Hillis anyday & both will hit the free agency in March

neither of those will be 3rd string backs.

and when did Dixon get cut?
I thought Anthony Dixon was still on our roster?

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Anthony-Dixon/34ce25a0-aa72-4895-ba35-2217ede3f093

I don't think those guys are in the same class as Dixon when it comes to cheer leading
dixon will stay on the team, hes pretty good on sp team, we'll get another rb in aswell, norris wont be back so theres the open roster spot

Blount would be a replacement for Gore, not Dixon. The guy can flat out ball and will command a significant pay increase over what we would/should pay for a 3rd string RB.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we had Blount right in our hands.
LeGarrette Punk are you serious! Hell no. We don't need dooshbags. can't trust a guy like that. I thought he'd be bagging groceries by now or
knockin over liquor stores like Maurice Clarett. Pass!!!!

Peyton Hillis? Not so much. I'll still take Gore and Hunter. Dude is right though. Those guys aren't comin here for 3rd down duty.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dickson = waste of roster spot

He's good for ST, but thats about it.

Doug Martin RB from BSU! I think that he would be the perfect RB for our offense!!!
I say lets build this team through the draft like we have been while signing a few key low risk FA's
Blount and Hillis would replace Gore. Both are going to want starting jobs and starting money.

If Dixon loses his job to anybody, it will be a lower tier FA at best. More likely a draft pick or UDFA.
Would love to have Blount, he's an absolute monster and his run against the Packers last year was a thing of beauty.

One of the best runs I've ever seen...serious. Have him be 1A, Gore 1B, and Hunter as the speed back. Would much rather do that than blow a fortune on a WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1gN0o4JO4&feature=related
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
why does Dixon need to go anyway? He's good at what we have him for plus he is a man whore
Share 49ersWebzone