LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There are still good players out there at the WR position. Before Santana Moss got injured, he was their only weapon and his injury helped facilitate Fred Davis's emergence as a TE, they were both on my Fantasy team last year so I actually watched him on a weekly basis.

Santana would be a good fit here, not as fast as he used to be but his route running has improved allot over the years. He's no longer a returner but if he likes competition he could come here and be great depth. Who knows, maybe Carlos helps us out in landing him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
1. I don't see Fleener sitting at 30
2. I doubt we take a TE when we have a young healthy monster in Davis
3. If we wont break the bank for a FA, we wont break the bank on a RFA where money and picks are forfeited
4. I full expect a WR taken in either the 1st or 2nd round
if fleener is there and you do not trade for wallace you take fleener, the mismatches you have with fleener and davis make one drool, then you get mcnutt in the second or third round, or if ginn does not come back and you want insurance behind cox returning kicks you get a nice wide out who can return. simple. not to mention maybe in the sixth round you can get a wide out who can be a third reciever on a team, just like we got morgan,,, and a third wide out is all morgan will ever be... borderline, borderline two
  • dj43
Originally posted by ak49:
I'd really like to see us bring Ginn back. He was poor as a WR, but the impact he had on special teams providing a team w/ hardly any offense great field position was phenomenal and cannot be understated.
He singularly gave the niner offense a chance to atleast get a FG.

I don't think the FO is high on a guy who cannot play a position in the offense. I expect them to either sign him for a minimal deal or let him walk and draft a WR that has starter potential and a returner.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jreff22:
1. I don't see Fleener sitting at 30
2. I doubt we take a TE when we have a young healthy monster in Davis
3. If we wont break the bank for a FA, we wont break the bank on a RFA where money and picks are forfeited
4. I full expect a WR taken in either the 1st or 2nd round
if fleener is there and you do not trade for wallace you take fleener, the mismatches you have with fleener and davis make one drool, then you get mcnutt in the second or third round, or if ginn does not come back and you want insurance behind cox returning kicks you get a nice wide out who can return. simple. not to mention maybe in the sixth round you can get a wide out who can be a third reciever on a team, just like we got morgan,,, and a third wide out is all morgan will ever be... borderline, borderline two

People are making Fleener out to be a God, he's not. Everybody wants to copy the Pats way of playing ball....we aren't going to do that. We are still a run first team and Fleener is not a bulldozer blocker.
C'mon sincal, I didn't recommend cutting craps. I recommended either trading for draft picks along with his undeserving $5mil/yr(which neither Bor H can like), for the express purpose of getting rid of craps's $5mil/yr salary and then taking that saving and adding $4mil more/yr to make a run at Wallace. Obviously we couldn't do that without first getting wallace(now seeming less and less likely). But it would be a compromise for B& H in not overpaying for a #1 WR if we could save $5 mil/yr elsewhere on a guy not earning his money($5mil/yr) the 5th highest salary on the team. Neither B or H can be happy with that. This would give them a way out of dropping out of pocket an additonal $9mil/yr , instead paying only an additional $4 mil/yr with craps gone. Obviously, if we don't get the Wallace deal done, no way in heck do i want to see us cut craps.

Incidentally, i don't know if it was you or phoenix that objected to my use of the word craps for crabs. In my line of work, " crabs" refers to pubic lice and no way in the world do i want to be calling someone "pubic lice". As an aside, craps seemed to fit, because when the money was on the table, craps took the collar and he was about as likely to catch a meaningful pass as a person is to win at the craps table. Hence the name, and craps is a lot less demeaning than calling someone
crabs, or "pubic lice". Incidentally, once you see pubic lice crawling all over you know where, you would never want to see it again. So craps for me, not crabs.
Same thing with Vernon...I never call him VD, in that once you have seen over a hundreds of nasty dripping chancres, you want to forget the word VD.
VD is Vernon and crabs is craps. Enough said.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
C'mon sincal, I didn't recommend cutting craps. I recommended either trading for draft picks along with his undeserving $5mil/yr(which neither Bor H can like), for the express purpose of getting rid of craps's $5mil/yr salary and then taking that saving and adding $4mil more/yr to make a run at Wallace. Obviously we couldn't do that without first getting wallace(now seeming less and less likely). But it would be a compromise for B& H in not overpaying for a #1 WR if we could save $5 mil/yr elsewhere on a guy not earning his money($5mil/yr) the 5th highest salary on the team. Neither B or H can be happy with that. This would give them a way out of dropping out of pocket an additonal $9mil/yr , instead paying only an additional $4 mil/yr with craps gone.

Incidentally, i don't know if it was you or phoenix that objected to my use of the word craps for crabs. In my line of work, " crabs" refers to pubic lice and no way in the world do i want to be calling someone "pubic lice". As an aside, craps seemed to fit, because when the money was on the table, craps took the collar and he was about as likely to catch a meaningful pass as a person is to win at the craps table. Hence the name, and craps is a lot less demeaning than calling someone
crabs, or "pubic lice". Incidentally, once you see pubic lice crawling all over you know where, you would never want to see it again. So craps for me, not crabs.
Same thing with Vernon...I never call him VD, in that once you have seen over a hundreds of nasty dripping chancres, you want to forget the word VD.
VD is Vernon and crabs is craps. Enough said.

funny that Crabtree is undeserving of his contract when he has done but improve as a 49er and yet Alex is so deserving of contact after contact.

I agree with your craps reference in that Crabtree had the same odds of having a pass thrown his way as a person at the craps table. Everybody already knows your little nicknames that you think are cute so you don't need to explain them
Share 49ersWebzone