There are 162 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Too bad I didn't call anybody names. I don't need to call players and teams by childish nicknames (Craps. Pissburg, etc.) to get my point across. Anyways Crabtree did get seperation in the playoffs and like Delanie and others the ball never seemed to find their hands.

As I mentioned, you hid your name calling in the form of adjectives...stupid this, ignorant that...still disrespectful and unnecessary...not a fan of name calling by anyone toward player or poster.

I'm not a Crabtree basher, I believe he will be a good player next year and hope he reaches his potential, but he did not play well in the playoffs and has not been a good pressure player. If you want to say the fault lies elsewhere I won't disagree completely.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Please he could get open against any secondary, see the Eagles game where he roasted Nnamdi.

As to the 2nd paragraph. Alex, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brees one of these names doesn't belong here. Do I want Alex back yes but he's not on those guys level.

crabtree roasted namdi on 1 play that really doesnt prove much

he isnt a #1 he isnt able to beat the extra attention/double coverage he saw in the playoffs

Lol yet he nearly had 1000 yard season when his QB can barely throw for 3,000.
Please he could get open against any secondary, see the Eagles game where he roasted Nnamdi.

As to the 2nd paragraph. Alex, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brees one of these names doesn't belong here. Do I want Alex back yes but he's not on those guys level.

he isnt a #1 he isnt able to beat the extra attention/double coverage he saw in the playoffs

I dont think your giving him a fair shake. He had a nagging foot injury all year.

Saying Crabtree isn't a # 1 because he's not an "elite" Wr, is like saying Alex isn't a true franchise/starting QB because he's not an elite QB. The fact is, both are very solid players. Crabtrees Wr stats are on par with Smith's production. Baring injury, Crabs goes over a 1000 with almost no additional help around him. He is legit.
"

are you really argueing this?

then explain the playoffs

VD is a true #1 he was able to beat the double and even triple coverage result? 4TD in playoffs

crabtree doubled in playoffs 1 catch 3 yards

and crabtree was out only legit WR when dwards and morgan came down he was our only WR target thats why he got those stats

are you really argueing this?

then explain the playoffs

VD is a true #1 he was able to beat the double and even triple coverage result? 4TD in playoffs

crabtree doubled in playoffs 1 catch 3 yards

and crabtree was out only legit WR when dwards and morgan came down he was our only WR target thats why he got those stats
Thats all he had in 2 playoff games? might want to recheck those numbers.
Comparing VD and Crabs is a joke when everybody knows that Vernon will always create a mismatch so obviously he's going to get more targets. As for Crabtree's stats only coming as result of Morgans injury/Edwards suckage, then why are his numbers always better than Morgans in previous years. Oh s**t thats right because he's a number one. He's done nothing but improve while being a 49er and he gets all the hate while it takes others around 7 years to come into their own and he can do no wrong. In less than 16 games of action between Alex/Crabs in the Harbaugh era and we've almost got a 1,000 WR let them develop together.
Thats all he had in 2 playoff games? might want to recheck those numbers.
Comparing VD and Crabs is a joke when everybody knows that Vernon will always create a mismatch so obviously he's going to get more targets. As for Crabtree's stats only coming as result of Morgans injury/Edwards suckage, then why are his numbers always better than Morgans in previous years. Oh s**t thats right because he's a number one. He's done nothing but improve while being a 49er and he gets all the hate while it takes others around 7 years to come into their own and he can do no wrong. In less than 16 games of action between Alex/Crabs in the Harbaugh era and we've almost got a 1,000 WR let them develop together.

im not hating on him

im just saying he isnt a #1 WR i think he will be a 1000 yard WR next year but he isnt a guy who can dominate D on his own if he doesnt have a guy opposite him he isnt that productive

having morgan opposite of him helps him

having KW across him makes him a very unproductive
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
im not hating on him

im just saying he isnt a #1 WR i think he will be a 1000 yard WR next year but he isnt a guy who can dominate D on his own if he doesnt have a guy opposite him he isnt that productive

having morgan opposite of him helps him

having KW across him makes him a very unproductive

That doesn't even make sense. As you pointed out just two post ago, Crabs had no one around him and thats why he had inflated stats. Now your saying he cant be productive without a legit threat on the other side? Which one is it?

I'm saying this in all seriousness.........stop being such an Alex Smith homer. Put the team first. You argue well, but your extreme and obvious bias for all things Smith really diminishes your credibility.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
That doesn't even make sense. As you pointed out just two post ago, Crabs had no one around him and thats why he had inflated stats. Now your saying he cant be productive without a legit threat on the other side? Which one is it?

I'm saying this in all seriousness.........stop being such an Alex Smith homer. Put the team first. You argue well, but your extreme and obvious bias for all things Smith really diminishes your credibility.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

theres a difference between reg season and post season

reg season his stats got "inflated" because he was the only target and teams didnt really double him

when postseason came teams started doubling him and he didnt have the extra attention or guy opposite of him to take attention away

in reg season he dominated teams like rams arizona (first time second time he got shut down) etc

and my argurment has no basis to smith its purely on crabtree

reg season his stats got "inflated" because he was the only target and teams didnt really double him

when postseason came teams started doubling him and he didnt have the extra attention or guy opposite of him to take attention away

in reg season he dominated teams like rams arizona (first time second time he got shut down) etc

We had the same players in the regular season as we did the postseason so once again your post doens't make since. Your argument has no basis to Smith? Who else is throwing the ball? How many times did Alex "not see" the open WR/TE this season?

We had the same players in the regular season as we did the postseason so once again your post doens't make since. Your argument has no basis to Smith? Who else is throwing the ball? How many times did Alex "not see" the open WR/TE this season?

yes we had the same guys around crabtree but there is a difference

teams prepare more in postseason in the season i did not see crabtree doubled teamed that often during the postseason he was constantly doubled

thats the point im making

We did not have the same receivers in the playoff as we did in the regular season. For most of the regular season it was Crabtree, Ginn, VD and Walker. I'm not going to count Edwards cuz he didn't do crap to warrant a mention. Just before we got into the playoff, Ginn, Williams and Walker got hurt. So I agree with49ersalldaway126 somewhat. During the season he had other guys with him on offense like Ginn with his speed and Walker with his mismatch that would help get the coverage off of Crabtree for him to make those catches. Once those 2 guys got hurt, in those 2 playoff games, the coverage just rolled over to Crabtree because they just don't have Ginn and Walker to worry about.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

We did not have the same receivers in the playoff as we did in the regular season. For most of the regular season it was Crabtree, Ginn, VD and Walker. I'm not going to count Edwards cuz he didn't do crap to warrant a mention. Just before we got into the playoff, Ginn, Williams and Walker got hurt. So I agree with49ersalldaway126 somewhat. During the season he had other guys with him on offense like Ginn with his speed and Walker with his mismatch that would help get the coverage off of Crabtree for him to make those catches. Once those 2 guys got hurt, in those 2 playoff games, the coverage just rolled over to Crabtree because they just don't have Ginn and Walker to worry about.
Really how productive was Walker in the last 10 games or so before he got hurt? He wasn't however Crabtree was our one constant along with VD to keep the chains moving
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Shut it girls.

Mike Wallace and Randy moss gonna be niners
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Really how productive was Walker in the last 10 games or so before he got hurt? He wasn't however Crabtree was our one constant along with VD to keep the chains moving

They aren't featured receivers. They are more role player type. They are talented enough to have the defense pay attention to them. Which in turn help Crabtree to do his thing. For example help clear out an area for Crabtree to catch something underneath without worrying about a defender dropping off coverage to make an INT. That defender or safety has to respect the speed of Ginn. Same thing with Walker they have to respect that mismatch of size and speed of Walker. That opens of a little for Crabtree here and there. Can't do that much when those 2 guys were out in the playoff. Defense has shown they are more than capable of taking away a certain talent if they willing to because they believe the other guys on the offense isn't all that to worry about. Williams, Swain and Hastings, not much there.
Share 49ersWebzone