There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Jeff, I agree we could get some mid level burners, but are they good hands guys? Do they have a hx of getting open? . I would prefer having a good hands guy, like Welker, to a 4.35 WR, who has stone hands. JJ stokes, anyone?. Remember , the 9ers do have history with this approach. Back to Welker for a second, he adheres to the Jerry Rice theory of WR. Fake, comeback , stop and go, etc. Our $5 mil man doesn't do fakes, comebacks, etc.Show me college WR who has really good fundamentals, knows the jerry rice book of WRs, and can catch a falling pin...and there is the guy i want. Speed? hey, that's fine, but good hands and separation thru fakes...that is essential. And there AREN'T just a bucketload of those guys out there.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Do you have any support to back up the ignorant statements in bold or are you just spewing more childish nonsense like your nicknames that you give everybody. He didn;t disappear in the playoffs, it's not his fault he didn't get the ball thrown his way. Crabs has proven plenty of times to be a team player on the field. Watch the tape on many of our big runs, he's always making the effort to block. I'd also like him to continue the way he's been playing seeing that he's improved every year that he's been here. Your idea for loadng up on UDFA's and late round picks is stupid logice because the odds of getting somebody ready to play down the line in the draft is not likely.

Calling people names (even masked as adjectives) seems unnecessary. You are as prone to overstatement as anyone--see bold face. Most analysts (even those who are critical of Smith) were very unimpressed with Crabtree's inability to get separation.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM ]
Getting Colston would be awesome! Crabtree has 2 years left on his rookie deal and I don't think there is anyway he'll sign back. Draft his replacement this year, get Colston for 4 and Morgan for 3......
[ Edited by Mookster on Mar 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Do you have any support to back up the ignorant statements in bold or are you just spewing more childish nonsense like your nicknames that you give everybody. He didn;t disappear in the playoffs, it's not his fault he didn't get the ball thrown his way. Crabs has proven plenty of times to be a team player on the field. Watch the tape on many of our big runs, he's always making the effort to block. I'd also like him to continue the way he's been playing seeing that he's improved every year that he's been here. Your idea for loadng up on UDFA's and late round picks is stupid logice because the odds of getting somebody ready to play down the line in the draft is not likely.

Calling people names (even masked as adjectives) seems unnecessary. You are as prone to overstatement as anyone--see bold face. Most analysts (even those who are critical of Smith) were very unimpressed with Crabtree's inability to get separation.

Too bad I didn't call anybody names. I don't need to call players and teams by childish nicknames (Craps. Pissburg, etc.) to get my point across. Anyways Crabtree did get seperation in the playoffs and like Delanie and others the ball never seemed to find their hands.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Jeff, I agree we could get some mid level burners, but are they good hands guys? Do they have a hx of getting open? . I would prefer having a good hands guy, like Welker, to a 4.35 WR, who has stone hands. JJ stokes, anyone?. Remember , the 9ers do have history with this approach. Back to Welker for a second, he adheres to the Jerry Rice theory of WR. Fake, comeback , stop and go, etc. Our $5 mil man doesn't do fakes, comebacks, etc.Show me college WR who has really good fundamentals, knows the jerry rice book of WRs, and can catch a falling pin...and there is the guy i want. Speed? hey, that's fine, but good hands and separation thru fakes...that is essential. And there AREN'T just a bucketload of those guys out there.

no but we'll cut our best WR in hopes of finding one through UDFA's
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Looking at what we ran with last year..

Crabs-slow, decent year, injured, 0 playoff impact
Edwards-crap year, injured
Morgan-injured
Ginn-crap year, bad hands, injured
Williams-decent year, injured, major f**kup
Swain-slow, garbage player
Hastings-slow, garbage player
Vernon-great year
Walker-good year, injured
Peele-slow, garbage player

Byham coming back pushes Peele out of the starting roster so that's a quick improvement. Losing Swain and Hastings and adding any mid level FA is an improvement. Crabs and Morgan are very similar so if we lose Morgan its sucks but he is replaceable. Ginn although a great ST guy offers nothing on O and having Royal (for instance) adds an actual weapon. Out of that list Vernon is the only true respectable threat so dumping a few of these guys for anybody else cant make the situation worse. I have a few guys I like and think they would be upgrades not costing a fortune in the process.

As stated in the FA thread, what I would like to happen and the roster I want going into TC

Crabs
Rookie (Hill for arguments sake)
Royal (for Ginn if not resigned)
Cotchery (for Morgan if not resigned)
Williams
Caldwell for Swain
Rookie for Hastings (Hilton for arguments sake)

So my 2012 WR Depth Chart would be
Crabs
Hill*
Royal (Special Teams ability)
Cotchery
Caldwell
Hilton* (Special Teams ability)
[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM ]
For people defending Crabtree.....you cannot deny that he did awful in the playoffs and couldn't get open at all vs Webster. He is a good number 2 wr that has the potential to be a number one with better ol play better qb play and better play from himself. Maybe he will never be able to beat good CBS in the league, that's just a reality some of you have to accept. Crabtrees great games come against bad secondaries as evidenced by his few good games against ariz rams and a few years ago phi without Samuel and the raiders. All bad secondaries and crabtree gets open.

We need a number one wr, plain and simple. A better wr than Crabtree. If not we may never win a sb unless Alex gets a hell of a lot better and our ol gives him 5 seconds to pass. Even Brady has a weaker, rothlisberger has a Wallace, Eli has a nicks or Cruz, manning had a Wayne and Harrison, Bree's had a Colston. I hope this is clear enough to the people that think Crabtree is better than he really is. He is a very good number two wr but not a good one. We need a true number one wr plain and simple
Who are these top WRs?! Show yourselves! Who are youuuuu?!
Originally posted by okdkid:

one is going to be working out for the team tomorrow.

Originally posted by HessianDud:

Were gonna sign a future HOFer, CHAMPIONSHIP!

The Swain Slip n' Slide of Satisfactory Special Teams?!

The Swain Slip n' Slide of Satisfactory Special Teams?!

lol!
Might go the Cheaper route with RANDY MOSS
Originally posted by elguapo:
For people defending Crabtree.....you cannot deny that he did awful in the playoffs and couldn't get open at all vs Webster. He is a good number 2 wr that has the potential to be a number one with better ol play better qb play and better play from himself. Maybe he will never be able to beat good CBS in the league, that's just a reality some of you have to accept. Crabtrees great games come against bad secondaries as evidenced by his few good games against ariz rams and a few years ago phi without Samuel and the raiders. All bad secondaries and crabtree gets open.

We need a number one wr, plain and simple. A better wr than Crabtree. If not we may never win a sb unless Alex gets a hell of a lot better and our ol gives him 5 seconds to pass. Even Brady has a weaker, rothlisberger has a Wallace, Eli has a nicks or Cruz, manning had a Wayne and Harrison, Bree's had a Colston. I hope this is clear enough to the people that think Crabtree is better than he really is. He is a very good number two wr but not a good one. We need a true number one wr plain and simple

Please he could get open against any secondary, see the Eagles game where he roasted Nnamdi.

As to the 2nd paragraph. Alex, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brees one of these names doesn't belong here. Do I want Alex back yes but he's not on those guys level.
Please he could get open against any secondary, see the Eagles game where he roasted Nnamdi.

As to the 2nd paragraph. Alex, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brees one of these names doesn't belong here. Do I want Alex back yes but he's not on those guys level.

crabtree roasted namdi on 1 play that really doesnt prove much

he isnt a #1 he isnt able to beat the extra attention/double coverage he saw in the playoffs