LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Possible benefit of not winning the SB this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would've rather seen the benefits of winning the superbowl
How about the possible negatives of not winning the SB this year?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I would've rather seen the benefits of winning the superbowl

xInfinity
I'd rather have won the Super Bowl this year! And yes we still would've went WR in this year's draft. Because in the Super Bowl Vernon would have been making all the big plays and TD's. And we wouold have one in a tight one
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
Are you saying the 9ers winning the Superbowl this year (2011-2012) is somewhat like Leon Spinks winning the heavyweight title from Ali? Too much too soon? Perhaps you are on to something here. If we are looking for one title and done rather than be in the hunt year after year, then yeah I can see you point.

Exactly.

I'm a patient mf'er......I'd rather a more surefire dynasty than a SB one and done.

As I said before, we are young enough to be legitimately strong for some years to come.

You would think fans on the zone are living in 1990 right now, not 1980.

BTW, we should look at how the Giants managed to win 2 superbowls in 4 years with nothing more than a strong DL, good WRs, and elite QB. Their balance is freaking whacky.....we should be able to top that.

BTW, the underlined completely contradicts what your saying.. giants won the superbowl, then won it again in the next 4 years... But shouldnt they of never won again because they won it once? your logic is making no sense

Well in the Giants case they have an elite QB and a defense that shows up in big games. Also, this year and '07 they had a strong WR corps....the years in between weren't as strong as those two years.

I love the outlash against my talk here when it's more of "look at the bright side" attitude instead of "losing was absolutely needed!!"......

Bunch of spoiled fans we are. I will do some research but I want to see how many teams had a 5-10+ playoff draught and won the superbowl the very first year they broke the spell.

My guess is it's very close, if not 0.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
How about the possible negatives of not winning the SB this year?

It all depends on what reason that is....key injuries are the only thing keeping us from going to the SB next year, IMO.

I think my biggest frustration this season was losing Josh Morgan, and then losing Ginn in the playoffs (along with Edwards being released because of the injuries to KW and DW). That probably would have been enough to do it all.

Hopefully that pile of frustration gets us to be a lot stronger on offense.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Man there aint no benefits for not winning the super bowl.

This! .. and stop making me agree with this individual !!!
that.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Stop making stupid ass threads.

+1, winning the superbowl is the whole point of playing. There is no benefit of not winning the superbowl.

This
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
Are you saying the 9ers winning the Superbowl this year (2011-2012) is somewhat like Leon Spinks winning the heavyweight title from Ali? Too much too soon? Perhaps you are on to something here. If we are looking for one title and done rather than be in the hunt year after year, then yeah I can see you point.

Exactly.

I'm a patient mf'er......I'd rather a more surefire dynasty than a SB one and done.

As I said before, we are young enough to be legitimately strong for some years to come.

You would think fans on the zone are living in 1990 right now, not 1980.

BTW, we should look at how the Giants managed to win 2 superbowls in 4 years with nothing more than a strong DL, good WRs, and elite QB. Their balance is freaking whacky.....we should be able to top that.

BTW, the underlined completely contradicts what your saying.. giants won the superbowl, then won it again in the next 4 years... But shouldnt they of never won again because they won it once? your logic is making no sense
People overlook the fact that the Giants really should not have gone to the SB this year. They were the recipient of every f**king break possible throughout the playoffs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we were an inch or two away from being in the superbowl. s**t happens. We won a few games like that, we lost one like that. next season baby.

This thread is f**king ruhtarded.
Did Kyle Williams make you post this?
so based off your point why would we ever want to win the superbowl. there are always people who will want paydays, retire, new deals. make absolutely no sense
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
so based off your point why would we ever want to win the superbowl. there are always people who will want paydays, retire, new deals. make absolutely no sense

Exactly. Plus there are people who want paydays and new deals even when you lose.

You can always have a stronger team, our offense would have still needed improvements even if we won. But you take one where you can and we would have looked at it as reaching our goal with tons of room to still get better since this offense barely was even opened up and we had so many receivers hurt. The reason teams often get worse is they have tons of talent that they can't afford to keep.

Stop making stupid ass threads.

Share 49ersWebzone