LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49amane:
walker isnt overrated, who said he was something special.. i think mostly when people talk about him it is in the same sentence as vernon davis and how they are a good tandem to have, but walker has shown a little more this year in receiving i think, so whos over rated..clearly not delanie walker

ok not statistically, ok not all but lately..oh yeah WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
every time I see the ball thrown to him I feel not good about it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Too easy? Rogers, Staley, more over rated than Walker? Staley and Rogers start every game at a much more taxing position than #2 TE. I think its ridiculous that you even listed them. I'll give you Davis. Davis has been a complete non factor recently outside of blocking. Anything thrown to Davis has to be dropped in the old bread basket or forget it. He couldn't catch crabs from $10 hooker. Glad we paid him a qb's salary! Also, wanted to point out that all of this Walker is a good blocker BS is just that. Complete BS! Yes he's improved but he's still a terrible blocker. He may have improved to the point of being average but that might be pushing it.

I'm not saying they are bad players, just overrated imo.
irish is right on in regards to staley in my opinion

Well, I'm saying that there is no way you can even compare the two. Comparing a starting left tackle to a #2 TE is ridiculous. I don't care how you slice n dice it. Staley may be overrated in a discussion regarding tackles but he starts every game, and has had games where he was dominant in the run game. When has Walker EVER been dominant at anything? Walker is clearly more overrated. He's not even a descent #2 TE. He's a jack of all trades HBack at best and his blocking ability is bar far the most overrated part of his game followed closely by his speed. The only reason people consider him a good blocker is because they see him making wham blocks from different positions in the backfield. Usually coming out of some kind of TE or HBack motion.
Bottom line: anyone who is #1 among all receivers, backs and tight ends in percentage of drops needs to get it together. The playoffs are here and dude needs to catch the damn ball!
If one or two TD passes klang off of Walker's hands during the playoffs like they did during the regular season, you can bet dollars to donuts that the Niners will be looking for a natural pass catching TE to compliment Davis during the offseason either though the draft or free agency and Walker will be gone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
every time I see the ball thrown to him I feel not good about it.

if a bone head play is to be made like a drop or a penalty, we can usually trace it back to wallker. assuming vernon is actually a good tight end,, it can not be that hard to find two tight ends in the off season who are better than what we currently have now behind davis
questioning VD is absurdly absurd
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
questioning VD is absurdly absurd

Right. Davis doesn't have the drops percentage that Walker has. Davis' problem is that everybody schemes for him and it's been hard for him to get open. Coaches just have to find ways to get him open. I was actually encouraged by some of the short passing schemes I saw in the last game. Most of the time, they were designed to get Crabtree open for third down conversions, but maybe they'll start doing that with Davis as well.
see what 4life has started
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Bottom line: anyone who is #1 among all receivers, backs and tight ends in percentage of drops needs to get it together. The playoffs are here and dude needs to catch the damn ball!

Amen to that. I like Walker and personally don't think he's overrated (think he's a solid #2 TE) but if he continues to have big drops, hell any drops in general, he needs to sit his @ss on the bench and find another team to sign with in the offseason. Drops are bad in the regular season, but in the playoffs 2 games away from the SB? That would be unacceptable.

CATCH THE f**kING BALL
  • Jiks
Cut him at the half
  • buck
  • Veteran
two drops tonight.
This guy is a joke.
dude needs to just be thrown too once in awhile.
even the announcers sawr that he was dropping everything

But it's JETS

Just enjoy this shti
Share 49ersWebzone