There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
his math = accuracy of Akers

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ I nail it from the 50 EVERY single time!

Delanie Walker's drop rate of 30 percent (21 catches, nine drops) was worst of any running back, wide receiver or tight end who had 30 or more targets.

Just to clarify, the issue had nothing to do with the number of drops. You claimed that he had a drop rate of nearly 50%.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Just to clarify, the issue had nothing to do with the number of drops. You claimed that he had a drop rate of nearly 50%.

I was simply stating that his drops were roughly about 50% of his actual catches. In comparison, a guy like Dez Bryant who has "questionable hands" has 9 drops....to go along with about 90 receptions.

Ow, that picture hurts. He makes that catch and the Niners win. And it was a perfect floater that Kaepernick threw just two plays after making his biggest mistake of the season. Painful.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Ow, that picture hurts. He makes that catch and the Niners win. And it was a perfect floater that Kaepernick threw just two plays after making his biggest mistake of the season. Painful.
that picture tells me all i need to know,, it can not be that hard to find two tight ends who can block and catch for depth behind vernon. of course i am assuming vernon will stop playing the role of the invisible man
I keep seeing the word overrated being thrown around. Who exactly has rated this guy in the top teir of TE's in the NFL yet alone All Pro ? Please tell me that. Hes a #2 and thats it. Whos calling him an all time 49er TE Great ? Who in the world is overrating him ? He just valuable and has done more than what most #2TE's do and exactly what #2TE's do and thats drop or catch passes but has made plays that #1 TE's make. Staley is more overrated than Delanie. Its Delanie's fault and not Akers fault that we didn't win the game ? We should have played better as a team !!
Overrated is one of the most overused and vague words used in sports discussion. It is meaningless. I have nor read a lot of hype in the national media about how great Delanie Walker is.
Near as I can figure Walker dropped 7 passes (I'll go with the Wash Post over a British blog) which is way too many considering he had only 21 catches.
For the record, Graham led the league in drops by a pretty decent margin.

Walker is a decent 2nd TE and there are bigger upgrade priorities IMO.
Walker is in the solid category.

Which means he is easily replaceable...unless he is THAT awesome of a special teamer.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Overrated is one of the most overused and vague words used in sports discussion. It is meaningless. I have nor read a lot of hype in the national media about how great Delanie Walker is.
Near as I can figure Walker dropped 7 passes (I'll go with the Wash Post over a British blog) which is way too many considering he had only 21 catches.
For the record, Graham led the league in drops by a pretty decent margin.

Walker is a decent 2nd TE and there are bigger upgrade priorities IMO.

Not for this offense, not considering how many snaps the second TE plays. Maybe he can go to San Diego, stand on the sidelines 75% of the time and be a damn good #2 TE for them.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Maybe he is overrated as a receiving tight end but the coaches love him in the run game, he's a great run blocker and isn't credited for his excellent work on special teams. Delanie is extremely versatile, and to say that he's overrated is just flat out stupid.
Not for this offense, not considering how many snaps the second TE plays. Maybe he can go to San Diego, stand on the sidelines 75% of the time and be a damn good #2 TE for them.

He was targeted 39 times in 16 games and the TE might not be getting as many looks next year as they did this year with the change at QB. This team will not have two expensive top tier TEs on the roster IMO.
Who overrated Walker anyway?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

He was targeted 39 times in 16 games and the TE might not be getting as many looks next year as they did this year with the change at QB. This team will not have two expensive top tier TEs on the roster IMO.
Who overrated Walker anyway?
Who ?!

Originally posted by iohk:
Maybe he is overrated as a receiving tight end but the coaches love him in the run game, he's a great run blocker and isn't credited for his excellent work on special teams. Delanie is extremely versatile, and to say that he's overrated is just flat out stupid.

Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Who ?!

Yeah who? I have never read any articles talking him up. I haven't seen him featured on national shows. I have never hear him mentioned on a national radio program.
would be better for the offense if he was a good pass blocker too
Originally posted by Allx9er:
would be better for the offense if he was a good pass blocker too

We can say that about Staley and hes actually a lineman.