LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im sorry if this upsets you but Walker has hands of stone.
Maybe he's feeling the pressure of a contract year?
trade this overgrown , injury prone , no route running or attacking the ball fool
Delanie Walker is the offensive lineman of our receiving corps:

Important cog, gets no recognition, and allows the machine to function.

I read on a Giants board after our last regular season meeting that Delanie made a lot of plays on them.
Still not that relevant. We need another TRUE tight-end.
Delanie Walker is just not being utilized correctly neither is the rest of the team. He is a valuable weapon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He is pretty much just a blocker these days.
I appreciate what Delaine brings to the table as a utility man, but I have my doubts about his return next year.

I'm not really a college football guy. School me in which college TEs 6'5" or taller that I should be watching as a replacement.
I'd like to see what Walker can do with a different QB.....

if the Patriots give him a nice 2 year contract that would be better than what we'd offer...then heck they can come out in 1WR 3TE sets.....he would be used all over the field... I don't know if Hernandez can run/pass block as well as Walker...but I can see them doing some interesting things with Walker's speed/versatility and more importantly experience.

yeah yeah "hands of stone"...Walker has never had a game like the one he had weeks back... I expect to see the normal Walker, compared to that one more often than not.
Up to last year, he was a staple in our 2 headed TE set. Now he's toast. If we can give other players second/third/fourth chances, why not him ?

He's still a good run blocker and plays well on STs IMO.

Originally posted by Faraz80:
Up to last year, he was a staple in our 2 headed TE set. Now he's toast. If we can give other players second/third/fourth chances, why not him ?

He's still a good run blocker and plays well on STs IMO.

I agree. I think we can get a good deal for him tradewise, but it has to be soon.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
HATERS GONNA HATE

Fleener is more overrated than Walker.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

1TD doesn't mean shiet. D-Love still needs to work on his pass catching.
Share 49ersWebzone