LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Delanie needs to work out with VD using the jugs machine so he can work those hands.
Seriously?
So who is the #2 tight end that you think is better?
Last year against the lions he dominated Suh, and made an awesome play on 4th down to win the game.
This year he continued to clear out DLs
Name the better #2 TE in the NFL.
We are getting so deep that people expect everyone on the team to be the best in the league.
Who was the # 2 TE in 1984? 1987?, 89? '94?
Name the #2 TE on any team besides New England last year.
Sure he can get better, but if he does, he will be a dominant #1 for some other team.
Give the guy a break
Why are so many 49ers fans such haters even when things are going well?
is this the stupidest thread ever?

quite possibly, yes.
Originally posted by Garcia:
FOR f**kS SAKE

ENOUGH ABOUT DELANIE WALKER BEING OVERRATED. HE IS NOT OVERATED.

HE IS A REALLY GOOD BACKUP TIGHT END THAT HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR MIS-MATCHES VS. SAFETIES AND LINEBACKERS.
AND IS A GREAT BLOCKER.

THAT IS WHY HE HAS VALUE - BECAUSE HE IS A BACK UP.

HE IS NOT OVERRATED.
WTF ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT HERE?
NON-SENSE

/vent

this. verbatim. thank you sir.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Backup tight end who is a solid special teams player and a threat out of the back field and a damn good blocker....
with no hands...

NO HANDS!

damn, he's gotta be a badass if he has no hands and is a damn good blocker and can be a threat outta the backfield and is a solid special teams player.
Delanie is a good player. He can play ST's and is a good blocker but C'mon guys, I think we can all agree he needs A LOT of work on his pass catching.

Also, sorry to burst your bubble but Delanie would not be a dominant # 1 on another team. That's just crazy talk.

Harbaugh loves his 2 TE sets and it takes the multiplicity out of the offense if one of em can't catch a cold.

Again, not saying he's terrible but if dude can't start hauling in some passes we may need to look at the draft for another TE.
Besides Aaron Hernandez, name a TE that can block and catch as well as Delanie. He's not a super starter by any means, but come on, the guy is a solid backup. He is good enough to start on numerous teams in this league. Just because he's not making it in the end zone every game and dropped a few passes, does not mean that the guy needs to be replaced asap.

Go read what reporters from Michigan are saying about the physicality of our Tight Ends. Also read their fans opinions, some of you might learn something. LINK
[ Edited by Youngb on Sep 21, 2012 at 1:46 AM ]
Last I checked #2 tight ends didn't need to be superstars.
Walker has lasted so long with this team through 3 different coaches because he is a good football player and an asset to the team. As mentioned you can put him anywhere on the field and he can contribute.

Doesn't mean we can't get better at TE position, but 49ers won't throw away a good football player that can contribute anywhere on the field.

And if there was TE out here that would make the team better, in the draft or free agency, who was a reasonable pickup, I have no doubt the 49ers would pick him up. But Walker will be on this team regardless

Should have choose Fleener....
He does drop the ball way too often. I get that he excels in other areas, but calling him a capable receiver is a joke.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Should have choose Fleener....

Too early for that.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Sep 21, 2012 at 7:58 AM ]
I would say Delaine's blocking is replaceable, that doesn't meant I don't think he isn't a good blocker, or that it's not appreciated. I just think that we have plenty of guy's on defense and offense that could replace that aspect of his game. His inconstant hands is very replaceable, however his special teams play would be very hard to replace, he might be the best we have on special team as far as i'm concerned. That is more than enough reason for me to want the guy around.

Plus if you haven't noticed, I think we are missing Jones, and Costanzo.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Sep 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone