LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 440 users in the forums

How do you see the offense in 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Similar. but with (hopefully) Alex a little more confident/aggressive.

Agreed. Hopefully teams wont be daring Alex to beat them next year, so our running game wont really fade down the stretch. Gore going against 7 man fronts would do wonders for him.

Honestly, even all this Alex talk. gore is the one i'm most worried about. Father time is getting closer to another victim.
Honestly, even all this Alex talk. gore is the one i'm most worried about. Father time is getting closer to another victim.

Im sure Baalke/Harbaugh know this and they are looking to downgrade Gore from a feature back to a member of a stable of backs. And look for the FO to add another piece to that stable.
I agree with all you guys said. RB & WR screens were greatly lacking and Hunter is IDEAL in this role. You could literally use him like Sproles. I thought Roman was suspect the late in the season (ultra conservative). I felt his packages were vanilla and telegraphed and contributed not to poor 3rd downs but worse 1st down plays that garnered many less than 3 to negative yards! We also didn't see many WCO plays either...very few slants, post patterns, crossing patterns, TE's in the middle of the field, etc. Most passes seemed to the sidelines and hitches. And we certainly didn't take advantage of the 8 and 9 man boxes and crowding of the LOS. We could have REALLY taken advantage of the Giants here!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
top 7 in terms of points

full offseason and hopefully get a legit WR

that frees up vernon and crabtree will be efective #2 WR and morgan a #3 WR

1 legit WR will make all the difference in the world

I completely agree Alldaway!!

Agree. Really need a top WR
scoring points at will
A more balanced attack, for sure, but I think execution will be significantly more sophisticated.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
A more balanced attack, for sure, but I think execution will be significantly more sophisticated.

Agree, the passing attack will progress. I think it will mirror the way the running game advanced this past year.
alex's stats is going to be doubled
  • Chief
  • Veteran
We need a running back
Command, we have to have more hands guys, and that means signing a #1 in FA WR, plus drafting another.Additionally i would guess Coach H will invite a handful of UDFAs into camp and hope one or more sticks. Big question is craps. If we sign a #1 fA WR, then we are paying two guys to be our #1. Whereas I see us getting a Bowe, vince jackson, NOT Desean, and possibly colston, maybe even steelers williams, then i see us parting ways with craps. He is playing equal to a #4 or #5, and we have ginn/kyle for that, plus Morgan for #3. That leaves a true #1 WR in FA and a potential starting #2 WR in draft. Craps could be bundled with a 2nd rd pick for williams (steelers), but we will have to see. I just don't see us getting a FA WR as #1 and keeping craps. Maybe i am wrong, but i think he is going to end up elsewhere, hopefully in Pitts with rottenburger.

If the above happens then we not only move chains in midfield, we also move them on 3rd down and RZ. With craps, i just see the same team out there, and nobody thinks that is going to happen. Assuming the above, i see us as 21-25 pts/game with a D that gives up 12-15. I could live with that all day long.

Originally posted by cNiner:
hopfully 3rd down will improve !

This......as long as we can be at or around 40% superbowl
Handsome one, it all depends on getting the FA WR and then drafting the other. Then we can move the chains and score in RZ. This yr with craps and kyle, we had bumpkus.
Prediction: Assuming we do FA a WR, and then get our guy in the draft, i can't believe coach and baalke won't bundle up craps and maybe our 2nd pick for williams, a true #1. It could happen.
More slants, screens and receivers who will catch over the middle. More passes to the FB and RB would be great. With Byham coming back and the addition of a couple more receivers this offense should be much more dangerous. RB this year or wait til next year when they are abundant? Don't know.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Similar. but with (hopefully) Alex a little more confident/aggressive.

Agreed. Hopefully teams wont be daring Alex to beat them next year, so our running game wont really fade down the stretch. Gore going against 7 man fronts would do wonders for him.

+1, Offense will improve a lot with full offseason. Harbaugh can insert the rest of the playbook. Still need a legit #1 WR and hopefully Morgan comes back statistically he was on his way to a good season when he broke his leg had 200+ yards and 15-20 receptions at the time. If he had stayed on that pace would have reached 1000.
The offense will look the way it always does with Alex at qb. The running game will be okay and while we will have a handful of big plays through the air, overall the passing game will be the biggest weakness of the team.
Share 49ersWebzone