LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 161 users in the forums

How do you see the offense in 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I expect more passing, but will it be different stuff or just better connecting than in 2011?

Also, will the same style of running game be used?

If Alex and Harbaugh can improve the effectiveness of the RBs in the passing game and get more slants and deep balls in there, I think I will be a very happy camper.

Man, this offseason sucks.....gotta play the game out in your mind to pass the time!!!
It will be better than last year, full offseason will be beneficial for everybody
They're gonna throw it all out of the window and start running the wishbone offense.
Similar. but with (hopefully) Alex a little more confident/aggressive.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Similar. but with (hopefully) Alex a little more confident/aggressive.

Agreed. Hopefully teams wont be daring Alex to beat them next year, so our running game wont really fade down the stretch. Gore going against 7 man fronts would do wonders for him.
I don't think confidense is the issue anymore, its the aggresion that needs work. But agression is something you have to ease yourself into or you really hurt your team. I want to see An addition to replace braylon opposite of morgan, and crabs in the slot more often. I think as a slot receiver crabtree could be dangerous. I would also like to see the running down stunt where they bring in soap or justin timed a little better and in a little better places then it was used this season.
top 7 in terms of points

full offseason and hopefully get a legit WR

that frees up vernon and crabtree will be efective #2 WR and morgan a #3 WR

1 legit WR will make all the difference in the world
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
top 7 in terms of points

full offseason and hopefully get a legit WR

that frees up vernon and crabtree will be efective #2 WR and morgan a #3 WR

1 legit WR will make all the difference in the world

I completely agree Alldaway!!
I really hope they scrap that super jumbo package. Or if they are going to do they have to run some play action off of it. I was sick watching Justin Smith in the game on short yardage trying to block giant defenders.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I really hope they scrap that super jumbo package. Or if they are going to do they have to run some play action off of it. I was sick watching Justin Smith in the game on short yardage trying to block giant defenders.

I agree. The jumbo package got progressively less productive throughout the season. Inconsistency in the running game was partly to blame. I hope that Gore takes a step back into a "spread-the-wealth" role between him, hunter, and a FA/draft pick (I doubt Dixon makes the team next year, unless his value on ST is too great to let go).

Also, we can't afford to have Justin Smith on the field more that he already is. The man is amazing, and we want him for as long as possible playing 3-4 DE or Rush DT in nickel packages.

I agree. Scrap the Jumbo package. That sucks!!!!! The strength of the team is not tipping your hand to the defense. Bring in that formation once and while but they overused it.

Overall the offense is going to be much better next year. The players must be really excited not to learn another playbook especially the way they played.

We will pick up at least two receivers and probably three. (2 WR's and a TE I think.) That will open up the offense for us, give Alex more targets to throw to. We will also get Josh Morgan back which will be great for us. He's a nice West Coast possession receiver that we need for this O. We just need a combination of bigger targets and speed or both.

Kendall Hunter will get more playing time next year. He's an explosive back and needs to get more touches. I also think they will draft a bigger running back in the 230 range and put pressure on Anthony "dancer" Dixon.

We need to get the ball out of Alex Smiths hands more quickly and hopefully we can get receivers who can do that. I think our offense will be top 15 next year. Offense always takes a longer time than the defense.

I think Crabtree will look a lot better next year because we will pick up more playmakers and hopefully Alex and him can "work" on their chemistry.
I think that this offseason will seal up the RG position. That positin seemed to pull the whole offensive line into place. Also with a full offseason we should come out of the gate in much better shape and less sacks.

I think we need another RB to replace Dixon and to begin the process of replacing Gore. I thought Gore was way off his game at the end of the season. I also think that Roman needs to get the RBs more involved in screens. That was a serous problem this last year.

I think we need another TE - Fleener, Green or whomever. I think Walker has played well for us but another good catching TE would help the offense and the RedZone scoring.

I think another WR or two would help Alex and take some of the covereage off VD. A key issue here is that our new receivers need to be able, and willing, to go get the ball. In my opinion our receivers, except for Morgan and Williams, will not stretch out to get the ball. Crabs will go up to get the ball but not stretch out to catch it. We need glue fingered WRs with speed, and courage. Then we need to get the timing and trust issue down between the WRs and A. Smith.

Then finally I think with a full offseason, and this last season, under our belt we need to get a more creative offensive pattern, improve the Red Zone scoring, and be able to take at least 5 more shots down the field to keep the defense honest and to improve our scoring. Then on top of all of that we need balance betwen the WRs, TEs, and the Running game.

If we can get all of this in place we should have a top ten offense.
hopfully 3rd down will improve !
I agree with the play action off the super jumbo package. Kendall hunter would have field day with all the defense in a pile with maybe 1 person to get past on a short pass.
at least two offensive touchdowns a game
Share 49ersWebzone