Originally posted by stunder49:

he wouldn't have fumbled...... R.I.P Freddie
RIP
Man when I heard this on the radio today on the way home, I was bummed

RIP #88
Freddie Solomon was the Jerry Rice before the Jerry Rice Rest in Peace
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
My lord, how sad. Just a few years older than me. I love delvin williams but he for freddie was one of the best trades we ever made. after gene washington we had no one to catch the ball untill freddie arrived. so sad
Originally posted by cciowa:
My lord, how sad. Just a few years older than me. I love delvin williams but he for freddie was one of the best trades we ever made. after gene washington we had no one to catch the ball untill freddie arrived. so sad

lol . . . Delvin WIlliams was my favorite 49er at the time. I was one pi$$ed off eleven year old when he got shipped. But it worked out.
  • flow
  • Veteran
RIP, Freddie.
RIP Freddie.
  • Veteran
RIP Freddie.
DAMN,

A NINER LEGEND, GONE.

RIP

He was my dad's favorite Niner back in the day. Gone too soon.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
he wouldn't have fumbled...... R.I.P Freddie

this, RIP
Very sad to hear this news. Had heard he had been ill for a number of months now.
Rest In Peace #88
RIP Freddie - One of my favorite all-time Niners. I remember Walsh putting him in at QB to take his last snaps as the QB (vs the Cowboys in the last regular season game of '85) as a tribute knowing he was retiring and what he meant to that team.
Freddie is a legend in South Carolina. Many people regard him as the best high school football player to ever come out of the state. I recently did some business with one of his friends who told me how people lined up to watch him play ball. From what I understand, he played QB in high school, and nobody could get a finger on him much less tackle him. Very sad to see another great one go too soon.
Share 49ersWebzone