LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Will we still be san fran if we move?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Golden State Sixty Niners anyone?
Originally posted by 49erfaithfulsince73:
You are either not a fan of the history of the NFL, foolish or simply crazy if you think the 49ers will keep San Francisco in the name for more than 4 years after this move. Look no further than the Patriots for a clear example, (blueprint) if you will, on how this will happen. For those of you that simply watch football and consider yourself a fan I advise you to look into it. The Pats were originally called the BOSTON Patriots. Then they move 40 or so miles south to Foxborough (sounding familiar yet?). A few years after moving the team felt that they needed to change their name to something that better fit their new location. So became the NEW ENGLAND Patriots.
This is a very sly way for a owner to move their franchise without the backlash. This WILL happen in this case.
I was born and raised in the city of San Francisco. I cannot begin to understand how a person that grew up with this team and is a resident of the city or even the greater Bay Area can think for one second that they will be playing in Santa Clara and called San Francisco. This team has very minimal contact with San Francisco. They have not for many years. They do all of their community service projects in the South Bay. Practice facility? South Bay. Team events and Gala's? South Bay. Stadium (come 2014) South Bay.
C'Mon man! Don't be foolish. I give it four years tops. After that they will have all those foolish believers committed to buying season tickets and then boom. The hammer will drop. SMH...it hurts. This is my lifelong team but I will REFUSE to continue once they change their name.
Sad thing is that I don't really blame them. The San Francisco city government is filled with flaming left-wingers that could care less about the 49ers. The residents of the city are now all these transient people that are their for a few years after or during college. Then they go. The backing of the city was lost years ago because of these two issues. Because of that we will soon lost the real SAN FRANCISCO 49ers.

Duh. Just ask the Irving-Arlington cowboys, the Glendale cardinals, and the new jersey jets and giants,
Arlington is not a good example at all as Arlington is a small suburb of Dallas. You hardly realize that you have left Dallas when going to Arlington.
The Giants/Jets complex is a horrible example as they right across the water from NYC and most people in that region consider themselves New Yorkers.
The cardinals are called ARIZONA.
Try again
Requested to be opened. I'll give it a few
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Dec 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM ]
If they change their name, I won't like them no more. It's kinda sad to see sf( the city dropped the ball) but if they change their name, there wouldn't be any connection to sf

But I love the south bay, doe
They'll still be the San Francisco 49ers.

The 49ers belong to the Bay Area, not so much to the City of San Francisco, if that makes any sense.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by English:
Say that again?

We never have been ,San Fran, of Frisco for that matter!
The San Francisco Bay Area Forty-Niners of the Silicon Valley in Santa Clara near San Jose in the Golden State
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
The San Francisco Bay Area Forty-Niners of the Silicon Valley in Santa Clara near San Jose in the Golden State

As I don't live in San Fransico or California for that matter, it doesn't matter to me if they are the San Fransico 49ers or the Santa Clara 49ers... If I did live there then I would be pissed about a name change. I might change my tune later on but as of right know ... I don't care either way..... 49ers baby
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]

San Jose Nguyeners
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
San Jose Nguyeners

No...

San José Cuarenta y Nueves
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
San Jose Nguyeners

No...

San José Cuarenta y Nueves

I'm sticking with Vietnamese....

San Jose Pho Ball Players
Originally posted by 49erfaithfulsince73:
Arlington is not a good example at all as Arlington is a small suburb of Dallas. You hardly realize that you have left Dallas when going to Arlington.
The Giants/Jets complex is a horrible example as they right across the water from NYC and most people in that region consider themselves New Yorkers.
The cardinals are called ARIZONA.
Try again

The Giants and Jets don't even play in the same state as NYC. Few outside of the Bay Area know anything about Santa Clara and people in this area consider themselves San Francisco Bay Area residents.
Get a sponsor on board...Santa Clara Pho King 49ers?
Share 49ersWebzone