There are 292 users in the forums

Will we still be san fran if we move?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great America 49ers of Santa Clara from San Francisco
Originally posted by rodbeezy:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
last i heard, we might even lose the "49ers" from the name. Like when the Oilers moved to Baltimore.

Why? a 49er is not synonomous with only San Francisco.

I heard San Francisco wants to keep the name so it can get another franchise like Cleveland did.

All talk at this proposal. Last momentum it had was back in 2006. SF is too knee deep in their own political s**tstorm (Hello Mirkarimi!) to even think about things like this.

And even if they were successful in doing so, I give it about 10-15 yrs before they even field an expansion team. No way you get the expansion "San Francisco 49ers" to play at the 'Stick.

The NFL would have to agree to that , which they won't. The two situations are completely different. The Browns were moving to Baltimore, not 45 miles south of Cleveland. Due to this and the history in Cleveland the NFL wanted to restore football to the town. If we were moving to L.A. this move might make sense, but that is obviously not the case. There is no need for it here. Feinstein (sp?) and SFare just mad that the Niners chose Santa Clara over them, but hey, they tried for years to build a stadium in the city, but the city was uncooperative at every turn.
London 49ers
Originally posted by English:
London 49ers

At least the 49ers are still in the same state, same with the Cowboys, Lions etc. etc. But why in heaven are the New York Giants still called the New York Giants? They haven't played a down in NY since the mid-70's. They win the Super Bowl and the first thing they announce is that there will be a parade in Manhattan. If I lived in New Jersey (which will never happen) I'd push for a referendum to name them the New Jersey Giants. Stop this New York, Park Avenue illusion.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're gonna do what New York and New England do; they play miles outside of their name-sake's city, and although both hold the SB parade within the name-sake's city, the team (all players and coaches who attended the parade) put out a small celebratory junction within the city/town the actual stadium is in (to ease the taxpayers), the day after.

Umm, New England is not a city, it's a region.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're gonna do what New York and New England do; they play miles outside of their name-sake's city, and although both hold the SB parade within the name-sake's city, the team (all players and coaches who attended the parade) put out a small celebratory junction within the city/town the actual stadium is in (to ease the taxpayers), the day after.

Umm, New England is not a city, it's a region.
True, but the franchise was once known as the Boston Patriots.
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=31734
i wonder how many more times this is gonna be asked over the next two years....
Originally posted by darkknight49:
i wonder how many more times this is gonna be asked over the next two years....

I think i'm going to start a thread asking "how many more times is this gonna be asked over the next two years?"

Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Yes our name will changed

but only to Superbowl Champs

Best comment yet!
No. Since SF wouldn't pony up the cash for a new stadium, it will be Santa Clara. SF is too liberal, only worrying about alternative lifestyles and people acting lolo. Why do people worry about the name of the team when the Giants and Jets don't play in New York. The Cowturds don't play in Dallas. It will be the San Francisco 49ers.
The East Palo Alto Gangsta Ass Ninjas 49ers.....
2014 NFCC game will be Arlington Cowboys @ Santa Clara 49ers book it
Santa Clara 49ers sounds better anyway
Share 49ersWebzone