There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If we dont retain Rogers, and pay Goldson/big time WR

Then does vet CB Shawntae Spencer stay on the team next season, I dont think he would gety much playing time (obv we need a starting CB to take Rogers's place, but do we keep Spencer for his vet leadership/exp?)

T. Brown Brock

Culliver Spencer
I don't see any way Spencer returns next season. Even if we don't retain Rogers, he would be 4th on the depth chart at best behind Culliver, Brown, and Brock. The team clearly doesn't see him in their plans. They would sign another veteran CB or draft one.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
No spencer is going to be gone no matter what. Its already been reported that he has asked for his release and will be granted soon enough. Spencer still thinks he can start somewhere so there is zero chance he comes back after what happened this past season.
I highly doubt they let Rogers walk.
lol, a spencer thread
Sign Rodgers and Goldson, Move Gore and Willis for draft picks, start Grant and Bowmen, get Payton, Djax, Hillis, and and and and and f**k I don't know we were f**king game from the Super Bowl!!!!! Two muffed punts and one bad fumble call away from glory!!!!! How much do we really need to change... addition by subtraction....CUT KYLE WILLIAMS!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Sign Rodgers and Goldson, Move Gore and Willis for draft picks, start Grant and Bowmen, get Payton, Djax, Hillis, and and and and and f**k I don't know we were f**king game from the Super Bowl!!!!! Two muffed punts and one bad fumble call away from glory!!!!! How much do we really need to change... addition by subtraction....CUT KYLE WILLIAMS!

Yeah remove developing players and make our WR squad even thinner.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
lol, a spencer thread

lol, a spencer thread

Originally posted by golfing9er:

ah, gee thanks for noticing...
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Yeah remove developing players and make our WR squad even thinner.

When developing players cost you a Super Bowl, I am not opposed to cutting them. As for the WR corps beingthin... there are these two things called free agency and the NFL Draft that can help you replace any developing player you cut ties with.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
When developing players cost you a Super Bowl, I am not opposed to cutting them. As for the WR corps beingthin... there are these two things called free agency and the NFL Draft that can help you replace any developing player you cut ties with.

Really wow I've never heard of those, I guess I missed alot watching football since the 80's and all.
Spencer isnt coming back and I can't blame him, when he was fully healthy they didnt even give him a shot, instead they put brock out there.. in the fing NFC championship game.

Absolutely ludicrous! He's our 4th wide receiver, that kind of depth is priceless
In our current squad of WR's any number is priceless.