LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 215 users in the forums

If we dont retain Rogers, and pay Goldson/big time WR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i have not been impressed with Brock--he seems to give up catches and TD's with ease---why do coaches like him????
Rogers will be gone, re-sign Goldson and draft a WR in 1st or 2nd round. If Desean Jackson is cheap(which he will not be) then we go after him too, every one gets re-signed, and oh yeah, we'll probably lose Brooks too, but we have Willis x3 and they will make his replacement look like a star.
f*ck Rogers, he is asking for top dollar CB money and their not gonna give him any more than 5.5-6
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
i have not been impressed with Brock--he seems to give up catches and TD's with ease---why do coaches like him????

Yeah I dont see the big deal with him, but Culliver on the other hand played well for a rookie. If they dont sign Rogers I think he takes his place. 49ers may add a CB for depth or go through the draft. I would rather keep Rogers though. Seems like he has a knack for getting turnovers and he covers well.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
f*ck Rogers, he is asking for top dollar CB money and their not gonna give him any more than 5.5-6

Rogers will and should ask for top dollar. This may indeed be his last big contract. Ultimately, he will get probably 8+ per year or so.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Rogers will and should ask for top dollar. This may indeed be his last big contract. Ultimately, he will get probably 8+ per year or so.

Unfortunately I doubt the 49ers will do it. I would like to keep him, he always was a good corner, but never got the picks. Now with the scheme we are running he can make turnovers. I see another team offering him top dollar and he breaking camp.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

This. He's gotta make some money while he can, and he was one of the best cornerbacks in the league this past season. His ability to cover the slot receiver also makes him a rare one in the NFL. He said he'd be willing to give us a little bit of a discount, so hopefully we can keep him.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
In our current squad of WR's any number is priceless.

This. Especially when you consider that they had Brett Swain and Joe Hastings playing late in the season, lol. Leave Kyle Williams Alone!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxlpZu1dAY

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by golfing9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Sign Rodgers and Goldson, Move Gore and Willis for draft picks, start Grant and Bowmen, get Payton, Djax, Hillis, and and and and and f**k I don't know we were f**king game from the Super Bowl!!!!! Two muffed punts and one bad fumble call away from glory!!!!! How much do we really need to change... addition by subtraction....CUT KYLE WILLIAMS!

ah, gee thanks for noticing...

No reason and wont get what we want in moving Gore at this point in his career. We just signed him to an extension several month ago. Moving Willis makes no sense, he should be here his entire career. I believe he'll restructure if it's handled correctly. I agree with your signings but the only one I see happening is djax.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Feb 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM ]
i was never a fan of signing Nate for unhh, $80 million, or something ridiculous like that. But we have seen Rogers and he IS a shut down corner. Don't look now but those guys are few and far between. If he had a weakness, that's one thing, but the guy is ridiculously good. Maybe a 4 yr deal, but I would be sick to see him move on. He is a monster part of a monster D.

Share 49ersWebzone