There are 301 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deep threat or big receiver?

if we draft another TE couldnt we just use vernon outside a lot more. kind of fill a need with what we already have.
Big WR. We deep threat i think.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
both
Originally posted by susweel:
Bowe or vjax ftw.

This!

Those are the clear cut choices.
you can't teach speed, there will always be tall mutha f*ckas
There's no way KC is going to let Bowe leave...they'll franchise him if they have to. On the other hand, it looks like the Bolts are going to let Vincent Jackson go to FA...just imagine adding him to our receiving corps. He's big and can make plays downfield...and another thing, he fights for the ball, unlike most of our receivers.
Bowe, V. Jackson, Manningham, Colston, S. Johnson......I'm cool with any of them joining the roster.

Not positive Harbaugh would enjoy having DeSean Jackson on the team...not a positive locker room guy after what we just witnessed this, now past, season with the Eagles.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There's no way KC is going to let Bowe leave...they'll franchise him if they have to. On the other hand, it looks like the Bolts are going to let Vincent Jackson go to FA...just imagine adding him to our receiving corps. He's big and can make plays downfield...and another thing, he fights for the ball, unlike most of our receivers.

He does have a lot of talent, but seemed to disappear or lose interest last year. No?
Agree, I don't see any way Harbaugh would go after DeSean...we all saw the reasons Philly's not likely to try very hard to keep him. Vincent Jackson, however, is exactly the kind of big, playmaking WR we need. I think he'd welcome an opportunity to get to the SB. Add maybe Jeffery and Fleener in the draft, re-sign Morgan and all of a sudden we've a pretty darn good receiving corps.
I think the reason Bowe's production declined was due mostly to their pitiful QB situation. With Cassel out, they didn't have much to fill in with. Orton might give them more stability, if they keep him. But, as I said earlier, I don't see any way they let Bowe go. They're not exactly busting at the seams w/quality receivers, so they'll franchise him if they can't sign him to a long-term contract.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Personally, I prefer a deep throat. I don't like to f*ck a fat girl, but I will if I have to.
BOTH!!!

We need players to stretch the field and we need big body Tall receivers. Hopefully you can get in one guy but that's tough to do. Having Ted Ginn out in the Giants game hurt all of our receivers.

1) If you draft a Vincent jackson.....he has both
2) Pick up Colston or Buress, we still need some speed
3) Draft a TE that is huge like Fleener and split Vernon Out or keep them both on the line. Vernon has more speed than any WR/TE in the draft
4) I think we really need a big receiver, Braylon was our Big WR and looked good before he got hurt. Big receiver don't need that much seperation

A lot of it will depend on who we sign in FA and then we will get the rest in the draft.
Let's get both by signing Vincent Jackson!!! Also drafting Fleener wouldn't hurt either
Hey ya small receivers 98% of them. Are only good for 1-2seasons. Minus the exception of Steve smith and Welker. There teams play in a spread Offense. We are a west Coast Offense Power Base. We need big receivers, to snag those jump balls in the redzone, and in fact big body receivers don't need break away speed they sprint 60yards down field jump up and pluck the ball right out of the air, Touchdown! We need a big WR to break tackles on our short passing routes and get good RAC, plus using their big bodies to block. Small receivers always get hurt it's rare they last a full season. There career's are also always cut short. Very few small receivers are the exception. We are desperate for a big talented receiver all the way! It would be stupid to make a move other wise...

I say we just wait for the draft and not break the bank on a Fa