LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 353 users in the forums

Deep threat or big receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Big WR that fights for the ball.

We already have a couple deep threats.

This and we have a young fast developing receiver in whoms name i wont say.
This is a good topic. Desean Jackson at the right price and Flenner#1 are my picks. Jackson may fall through the cracks because of his attitude.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
vjax, so both.
big wr. they dont throw the ball downfield enough to pay money on a deep threat. west coast offense is not designed that way.
I say we find a guy 8 feet tall that has a 50 inch vertical and runs a 3.9 40, then trade all of our current recieving core just for the hell of it.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
I say we find a guy 8 feet tall that has a 50 inch vertical and runs a 3.9 40, then trade all of our current recieving core just for the hell of it.

all except kyle williams, that guy is the goat reborn!!!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I read "Deep throat" at first glance.

Originally posted by BigTrez:
Im curious to know what you guys would rather have or think we need more. Some ppl feel we need a speedy downfield guy like a d jackson, and some think we need a big body receiver like bowe or jackson. I've heard the arguments that we need a big wr for redzone reasons but some think we need a speedy guy to stretch the field. Me personally think we need both, ginn is great for special teams but doesn't get open consistently and doesn't have the greatest hands. Crabtree can make some plays but also has issues getting open. Is there even enough cap room for us to get a big wr and speed guy? I'd like to resign Morgan because he has hands and can get open but I don't want to bank on a guy coming off injury, besides it wouldn't make sense to have 3 possession wr cuz we will sign a free agent and we still have Crabtree, thoughts?

You need speed to stretch the field , hight you can get 6'7 ft TE to be a position reciver .
Best FA receiver available and the best draftee available. Two really good threats to compete with Morgan and Crabtree for 1st and 2nd. Williams stays if he can beat anyone out. Down the road that might give us some trade surplus and/or depth in case the injury bug hits again. Ginn as a returner unless they can find a DB or WR equal to the job.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Sign Robert Meachem and you get both size and speed.

Or we can always draft Stephen Hill or Tommy Streeter in rd 2 and hope our coaches can whip him into shape quickly.

Adding Meachem would be a good move. With all the big name WR's in FA this year, he is going to fly under the radar. He's got intriguing talent and won't be expensive to sign. Get him, re-sign Morgan, and draft a WR in round 2 and we got a nice receiving corps.

i have been advocating for a big reciever for a while but i think a pure deep threat like kendall wright joe adams or jarius wright would benefit the team more

reason being is we dont have anyone to push the safties deep which allows the safites to concentrate on both crabtree and VD getting a deep threat will cause the safties to be modest allowing VD and crabs to be open in the middle
Originally posted by 49ersVic:
sign mario williams and draft WR

yup
Hard not to agree with everyone BUT....please, NOT deSean Jackson. He'll just be another craps, circus catches some games, then disappear in others, and will be a constant thorn on Pay me, pay me. We don't need that and there is no way Coach signs a malcontent who quit on his team over $$$. That is NOT a Harbaugh guy, no matter how good he is.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I read "Deep throat" at first glance.

You're not alone...
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Personally, I prefer a deep throat. I don't like to f*ck a fat girl, but I will if I have to.
Share 49ersWebzone