LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

49ers figure to have 30 Million in cap space

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Those that think we are going to max out our cap with flashy FAs are going to be disappointed.

That's not how Baalke rolls. The plan is not for the cap figures to resemble the Steelers and Falcons next season I would imagine.

This. Its like some people forgot how the 49ers got into cap hell and had to tear apart the entire team the first time around.

Besides the free-agents this year you can look down the road to extensions for guys like Bowman, Aldon Smith, Iupati....etc.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Those that think we are going to max out our cap with flashy FAs are going to be disappointed.

That's not how Baalke rolls. The plan is not for the cap figures to resemble the Steelers and Falcons next season I would imagine.

This. Its like some people forgot how the 49ers got into cap hell and had to tear apart the entire team the first time around.

Besides the free-agents this year you can look down the road to extensions for guys like Bowman, Aldon Smith, Iupati....etc.

Exactly. The number is deceiving since we such a large number of FAs.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Exactly. The number is deceiving since we such a large number of FAs.

And many of them were signed at bargain basement rate. For example, Ginn took a huge pay cut to stay with the team for just one year. This time the 49ers will have to pay him a lot more than last year. Same with D. Goldson and many others.

agreed x2. I dont want flashy, thats how we got into cap hell. Giving stupid contracts out. In the 90's.

Iupati, Bowman and A.Davis come to mind as extensions. Aldon will be after 2013 when allowed.
I'm glad to see the Saints, Patriots, and Packers don't have much room....

What the heck is the real #? This changes every single day. It's very frustrating..... Plus we need to cut Chilo, Shantae and Norris and get this thing to about $40 million.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

What the heck is the real #? This changes every single day. It's very frustrating..... Plus we need to cut Chilo, Shantae and Norris and get this thing to about $40 million.....

37 is a lot

we should be able to sign all the guys we want to (from our team) pretty much no problem
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

37 is a lot

we should be able to sign all the guys we want to (from our team) pretty much no problem

Freakin Yorks don't be cheap this year.... This is s good team. And we are close. Let's keep it together and make a run.
The Niners need to sign a receiver like Vincent Jackson but will still be handicapped by our QB.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Niners need to sign a receiver like Vincent Jackson but will still be handicapped by our QB.

lol what

would love the WZs opinion on my 49ers off season column:

http://ninernoise.com/2012/02/13/49ers-offseason-the-reality-most-dont-want-to-recognize/
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

so niners chances to sign vincent jackson will be handicapped by peyton manning (or colin kaepernick, or nate davis)?
Originally posted by hofer36:
so niners chances to sign vincent jackson will be handicapped by peyton manning (or colin kaepernick, or nate davis)?

No. The Niners do need to sign a receiver like Vincent Jackson but we will still have an underwhelming QB. It's like buying a Porche but not having any gas.

Maybe Alex will improve but I want Jackson to be signed so our next qb will have a true #1 receiver.
Because it is a deep FA year for wide receivers, I see them resigning what players they can on our current squad, and waiting for the teams like the Eagles last year to spend crazy money on the top wideouts. Then I see them signing the wide receiver equivalent of Carlos Rogers and drafting the equivalent of Culliver.
Share 49ersWebzone