LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

49ers figure to have 30 Million in cap space

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davidboutte:
We gotta restructure Willis....I'm sure he'd be happy to for the team as many stars have before him. His cap number is 17.7 million

wow agreed.
Yo AB, I thought we were close to 40 mil in cap room. ?? Im thinking the reports are just estimates, but I would believe your more accurate numbers
Originally posted by Hopper:
We gotta restructure Willis....I'm sure he'd be happy to for the team as many stars have before him. His cap number is 17.7 million

wow agreed.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Restructure does not mean release him.

You might as well, disrespecting him like that.

Hey Patrick you know that new contract we gave you? Yeah lets re do that
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

who cares, its just Patrick Willis. As long as we never disrespect Bowman, I'm fine with it.
Originally posted by Amir:

who cares, its just Patrick Willis. As long as we never disrespect Bowman, I'm fine with it.

Re-structuring will actually be to Patrick's benefit. As if he did he would move more of the guaranteed part to the later years thus lowering his cap number now. He did the team a favor by actually front loading the guaranteed part as teams want it front load and players want it back loaded.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ccording to Jason La Canfora of NFL.com, he doesn't, "see any way he's back there. The Chargers won't franchise him, they've come out and said that." Indeed they have, as well as saying that the current deal Jackson wants, a five-year, $50 million contract, is too much for them. The only way Jackson is going to remain with the Chargers is if the two sides are able to negotiate a cheaper long-term dealRead more: http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Vincent_Jackson/461540#ixzz1luKAG7wY

5 year 50 mill for VJAX

can we afford him while resigning alex goldson rogers and brooks?

Not for a guy that does not always play hard.

Trent Baalke said two years ago that the problem with FA was that you pay the very top market value for a guy who you hope will have an even bigger year for you than he has had in the past. He went on to observe that that is not what you get in most cases.

You don't make money betting on the long-shot exceptions.

I agree. I wouldn't pay that much for Jackson. He had Phillip Rivers and I dont think he was that devasting. Not a bad WR at all, but not worth that kind of money. For some reason I think we end up with Bowe.

Yeah I agree. No restructuring Willis. He earns every penny and thensome.

wow agreed.

17.7 MILLION! Wow...

Yeah, let's restructure lol HOWEVER if he does not want to, then I would not push it. Just let him know it'd help out keep all our guys around and bring in some new faces that will only push us further...I'm not asking him to take a pay cut, backload it as others have mentioned and thats that.

• Hopper
  • Veteran

Asking him to back load his contract to keep an outstanding defense together is not disrespecting him. Sportfan is right, players actually prefer their contracts be back loaded.

you got sources for that? I'm pretty sure it's south of 10 million.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/9/10/2411639/nfl-salary-cap-contract-patrick-willis
Originally posted by dhp318:

you got sources for that? I'm pretty sure it's south of 10 million.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/9/10/2411639/nfl-salary-cap-contract-patrick-willis

Its in the link I posted in the first post
  • buck
  • Veteran

I think it closer to 5,000,000.

At least that is what it says here:

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/2012/cap-hit/san-francisco-49ers/
This is why we look at guys like Plaxico and Desean (desean will get money but maybe not as much as some of the other names., but we need a punt returned as well as WR, unless we bring ginn back).

Plax/D. Jax/Morgan/rookie

I dont care what anyone says I would role with that WR group all day long.
Share 49ersWebzone