• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i think he has a realistic shot, harbaugh will play the better man at qb

can we please wait untill camp opens up before we anoint a person who has thrown five regular season passes as our savior. It is so funny that so many people hate alex so much they are perfectly ok with handing the keys over to this kid. It is actually sad but whatever

Where in Fred's post did he say Kaepernick will or should be the starter? You're reading what you want to read rather than what is actually said in his post.

"I think he has a realistic shot." Harbaugh has stated that there will be a competition at every position, no jobs are handed out. That's a fact, therefore as of right now Kaepernick has a realistic shot at becoming the starter. Fred also said the better man will play, whether it's Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, or anyone else who may join the roster.

Please continue your witch hunt for "Smith Haters" though.
it is not that hard to do, they are very easy to spot. If i draw a pentagram on the ground and chant " i summon thee 3 times",, the haters show up. of course alot of my x girl friends do to but thats a whole other story

Niner Talk is a lost cause.
What? i answered your question and I was not mean about it and i was telling the truth. one of those girls used to feed chicken bones to her dog
love the confidence. should be an interesting competition. i don't think he'll be ready this year but i do think he can push Alex a little. Win win for the team.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by eastie:
Where in Fred's post did he say Kaepernick will or should be the starter? You're reading what you want to read rather than what is actually said in his post.

"I think he has a realistic shot." Harbaugh has stated that there will be a competition at every position, no jobs are handed out. That's a fact, therefore as of right now Kaepernick has a realistic shot at becoming the starter. Fred also said the better man will play, whether it's Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, or anyone else who may join the roster.

Please continue your witch hunt for "Smith Haters" though.

So using your logic, you have a realistic shot at beating Ted Ginn in the 100 yd. dash, correct?

Using my logic... Harbaugh believes in competition + 2nd round "quarterback of the future" = nothing is handed to Smith

Is that simple enough for you?

This is what im talking about.. just because he was selected in the 2nd round hes our QB of the future?? Someone should tell that to David Carr.

??? David Carr already proved he was suck all over before he got here. I don't understand the comparison between a super athletic QB that has a brain vs Carr.

How much have we seen of Kaepernick in live NFL action Regular season games? i know i watched him make a couple throws and then our most reliable receiver get a season ending injury.. David carr proved he sucked is my point... But kaepernick hasnt proved he DOESNT suck either, so this whole "hes our qb of the future" crap needs to stop
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Just a thot for Kap fans: Let's assume for a moment that Tolzien is a better Qb prospect than Kap. There are a number of teams angling for a Qb but only two will get LUCK and RG 3rd. Suppose we package Kap and our pick for the 3rd pick, maybe 2nd, Blackmon. We could also offer craps for something of equal value, but if we could make a realistic run at Blackmon, would you Kap fans be okay with that?
I respect the hell out of doc but i really think that Kap is to much of a unproven thing for a team. I am actually ok with him setting and learning and if we sign alex to only a two or three year deal we have plenty of time to figure out what to do with kap . i would be ok saying kap was a wasted pick if alex continues to win games and lead us into the playoffs!those mistakes are good mistakes cuz the coaches really did not know that they had with alex at the time. he proved what he can do but at the time, they had to make that draft pick. if you stand still, you lose ground and thats how you get fired. on the other hand doc is smarter about football than me so what the hell
He said the same thing last off-season. He won't be ready to start in 2012. That's my honest prediction.
wtf is he supposed to say?
How about this, when Kaepernick is ready to start, he'll start. Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench in GB for 3 years before they finally said "you know, this Rodgers kid is pretty damn good, I think we gotta tell Brett adios." People knew certain things about Kaepernick coming in. He was very talented, had tremendous potential...he was also very raw. I'm skeptical about him starting in 2012 but I think it'll be good for him to continue to develop and learn and if Harbaugh has faith in the guy, then so do I.
if kap can seriously challenge alex than maybe its time we dump alex and go all in for peyton!

He broke Joshua's leg !!
Glad to hear it but he's not gonna take the starting job.

I was really impressed with Smith's progress and success this year. I can't imagine a green 2nd year player is going to overtake a grizzled 8-year vet coming off a Championship game appearance.

I'd love to see him make it interesting though.
How much have we seen of Kaepernick in live NFL action Regular season games? i know i watched him make a couple throws and then our most reliable receiver get a season ending injury.. David carr proved he sucked is my point... But kaepernick hasnt proved he DOESNT suck either, so this whole "hes our qb of the future" crap needs to stop

Yes but since we are 49ers fans, I'll take hoping for the athletic superstar QB in Kaep over the David Carr in Kaep. Kaep's physical abilities are so far beyond Carr's that Keap s**ts out Carr type of ability.

You know what would be interesting? It would be nice to see a list of busts, semi-successful, or successful past QB's who have had the physical abilities Kaep displayed + the brains. I wonder how many of those types of QB's became busts? I think the abilities Kaep has displayed will make him at the minimum semi-successful. Now imagine him on this 49ers team that can win with a QB playing safe.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or Nate Davis....Or Troy Smith.......Or David Carr......49ers fans have a long-standing tradition of freaking out and promoting moves strictly based on emotion, not logic. :)
If Harbaugh didn't want Smith back he would of been added to the list as well. That's what we have with Kaepernick he was drafted by Harbaugh.
Go Alex
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes but since we are 49ers fans, I'll take hoping for the athletic superstar QB in Kaep over the David Carr in Kaep. Kaep's physical abilities are so far beyond Carr's that Keap s**ts out Carr type of ability.

You know what would be interesting? It would be nice to see a list of busts, semi-successful, or successful past QB's who have had the physical abilities Kaep displayed + the brains. I wonder how many of those types of QB's became busts? I think the abilities Kaep has displayed will make him at the minimum semi-successful. Now imagine him on this 49ers team that can win with a QB playing safe.

im not trying to compare anybodys skill to anybody.. David Carr went #1 overall in the nfl draft, obviousley he had talents people thought were worth that pick.. Kaep went 2nd round.. im not saying whose better than who because obviousley carr sucks... but im saying obviousley you cannot lable anyone the future of the franchise when they havent proven crap.. Alex smith was #1 overall.. was said to have a amazing atheltic ability, and btw his "brains" and "smarts" in school/football were labled better than kaep's and now half the fan base lables him a game manager/bust.... dont count your chickens before they hatch.
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or Nate Davis....Or Troy Smith.......Or David Carr......49ers fans have a long-standing tradition of freaking out and promoting moves strictly based on emotion, not logic. :)
If Harbaugh didn't want Smith back he would of been added to the list as well. That's what we have with Kaepernick he was drafted by Harbaugh.

Oh, the irony. Smith has the talent to play the QB position and since Harbaugh sponsored him, all hopes were high for Smith prior to the start of 2011 Game 1.

However, Kaep has even more ability than Alex AND sponsored by Harbaugh, yet...he could be a bust???