There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick believes he can seriously challenge for starting job this year

Originally posted by 23zack80:
Where in Fred's post did he say Kaepernick will or should be the starter? You're reading what you want to read rather than what is actually said in his post.

"I think he has a realistic shot." Harbaugh has stated that there will be a competition at every position, no jobs are handed out. That's a fact, therefore as of right now Kaepernick has a realistic shot at becoming the starter. Fred also said the better man will play, whether it's Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, or anyone else who may join the roster.

Please continue your witch hunt for "Smith Haters" though.

So using your logic, you have a realistic shot at beating Ted Ginn in the 100 yd. dash, correct?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Oh thank heaven, for 7 and 11.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM ]
I'd bet on Alex, but my hope is CK eventually becomes the better player. Harbaugh knows how good this kid is or isnt. If Alex gets a huge contract I'd say that reflects their belief CK might not be ready soon.
does anyone else just getting that feeling that you dont like this guy?? I just dont like him i dont know why.. i wanna draft a different QB.. the way he acts,talks,throws. those 3 things.. im just overrrr it. I feel like hes talking likes he already won us fans over or something in his interviews... nahhh you got a long way to go for that kid, just like jim harbaugh said when he was compared to bill walsh "you cant even compare me to bill walsh right now "
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Oh thank heaven, for 7 and 11.

This. I will push both of them to work even harder. But IMHO...Alex should/will start next season but won't be shock if Alex gets pulled for Kap if the time calls for it.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
does anyone else just getting that feeling that you dont like this guy?? I just dont like him i dont know why.. i wanna draft a different QB.. the way he acts,talks,throws. those 3 things.. im just overrrr it. I feel like hes talking likes he already won us fans over or something in his interviews... nahhh you got a long way to go for that kid, just like jim harbaugh said when he was compared to bill walsh "you cant even compare me to bill walsh right now "

You got some sort of latent disdain for bi-racial quarterbacks????

:)
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:
Where in Fred's post did he say Kaepernick will or should be the starter? You're reading what you want to read rather than what is actually said in his post.

"I think he has a realistic shot." Harbaugh has stated that there will be a competition at every position, no jobs are handed out. That's a fact, therefore as of right now Kaepernick has a realistic shot at becoming the starter. Fred also said the better man will play, whether it's Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, or anyone else who may join the roster.

So using your logic, you have a realistic shot at beating Ted Ginn in the 100 yd. dash, correct?

Using my logic... Harbaugh believes in competition + 2nd round "quarterback of the future" = nothing is handed to Smith

Is that simple enough for you?
These are the things I must give huge props to Alex Smith. He never has issues with the backups or the starters. In fact, he does what he can to make the team better. Alex is an ultimate professional no matter what.

On a side note...good to hear that our backup has some balls and some confidence. That shows signs of a "risk-taker."
eye of the tiger , younger hungrer and better arm and more athletic ! go Kap
[ Edited by cNiner on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM ]

Using my logic... Harbaugh believes in competition + 2nd round "quarterback of the future" = nothing is handed to Smith

This is what im talking about.. just because he was selected in the 2nd round hes our QB of the future?? Someone should tell that to David Carr.
Colin has released a statement.

"Where the white women at?"

This is what im talking about.. just because he was selected in the 2nd round hes our QB of the future?? Someone should tell that to David Carr.

??? David Carr already proved he was suck all over before he got here. I don't understand the comparison between a super athletic QB that has a brain vs Carr.
Just a thot for Kap fans: Let's assume for a moment that Tolzien is a better Qb prospect than Kap. There are a number of teams angling for a Qb but only two will get LUCK and RG 3rd. Suppose we package Kap and our pick for the 3rd pick, maybe 2nd, Blackmon. We could also offer craps for something of equal value, but if we could make a realistic run at Blackmon, would you Kap fans be okay with that?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Just a thot for Kap fans: Let's assume for a moment that Tolzien is a better Qb prospect than Kap. There are a number of teams angling for a Qb but only two will get LUCK and RG 3rd. Suppose we package Kap and our pick for the 3rd pick, maybe 2nd, Blackmon. We could also offer craps for something of equal value, but if we could make a realistic run at Blackmon, would you Kap fans be okay with that?

f**k no. Tolzien is a career backup at best. Also Kaepernick and the 30th pick won't get you the 3rd pick, sorry. Blackmon is the top receiver by default but he's not in the same category as Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. Very good receiver, but I won't expect him to be a dominant guy.

Seeing as how most of the top WR's in football were later round picks, I'm fine with the 49ers picking some later on in the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM ]