There are 266 users in the forums

Kaepernick believes he can seriously challenge for starting job this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by aTx49er:
I never said anything about Alex. I was just responding to your post discrediting what Montana said about being patient with this offense running the WCO.

Rich Gannon was ok in his first year. (24/14 TD/INT 86.5 QBR) and he got better the next 3 years until injuries slow him down.

Andy Dalton had a great season for a rookie QB. (20/13 TD/INT 80.4 QBR). I'm actually more impressed with his season than I am with Newton's because he isn't anywhere near as physically talented as Newton.

Its like arguing with a brick wall, just stop while your ahead. You made your point and most of us agree. Some never will.
no.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
no.

Colin Kaepernick ‏ @Kaepernick7
@Boobie24Dixon got to! I wasn't raised to be #2..... Im coming for that #1 spot (Ludacris voice)
Originally posted by Afrikan:
no.

@Boobie24Dixon got to! I wasn't raised to be #2..... Im coming for that #1 spot (Ludacris voice)

if we get manning he can kiss any shot of competing at anything good bye lol
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
LOL being that I am from Wisconsin here and watching Tolzien play. Tolzien is more prepared.
He needs to be ready if Manning doesn't sign & Alex leaves becuase he got punked
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
no.

yea but he would get an amazing opportunity to learn from a legend firsthand. I think a year or two under peyton, Kaep will be quite a catch when he takes over. But Kaep is just the kind of guy who wants to play first string ASAP(which is what i love about the kid) and he isnt afraid to make the comment.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
no.

yea but he would get an amazing opportunity to learn from a legend firsthand. I think a year or two under peyton, Kaep will be quite a catch when he takes over. But Kaep is just the kind of guy who wants to play first string ASAP(which is what i love about the kid) and he isnt afraid to make the comment.

If Manning gets a 4-5 year deal and comes close to playing it out Kap will have already left as a FA or traded Kolb style. He's already 25 I think. By that time he'd be 29-30.
Yeah I think if we get manning we start shopping kap. Maybe make him look real good next year and then move him.
A 5 year deal for Manning at this point would be awful.

why are people complaining about it? he was drafted for the future he's trying to make that future sooner than anyone planned. Alex smith falters at competition and manning could get hurt. I hope he does do everything in his power to take the job so when It's time he's ready. nothing wrong here.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Where is that coming from?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:

that;'s what the Titans and Broncos have reportedly offered... deals for the 49ers haven't even been mentioned at all or even speculated
no.

I know...lol.

I can see Kaep walking up to Harbaugh....

"so everything is still earned, right coach? every position"

"sure kid."

Imo, I think Kaep has the potential to be more dangerous QB than Manning....but this would be a great opportunity for him to just watch and learn and make sure Tolzien doesn't come out of no where and take that backup spot!
Maybe he can. None of us have seen him on the field enough, as a pro, to know if he can challnege.

The year on the bench has had to have helped him.

Sooner or later we'll find out.
Share 49ersWebzone