There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick believes he can seriously challenge for starting job this year

I forgot all about the Nate Davis hype. That s**t was hilarious.
Originally posted by sfout:
Copied from ESPN Insider regarding an interview with the Reno Gazette Journal...

After a one-year internship working under Alex Smith in the Jim Harbaugh-Greg Roman school of offensive football -- and with a full offseason ahead, thanks to the lack of a lockout this year -- rising second-year pro Colin Kaepernick feels that he is ready to mount a serious challenge for the San Francisco 49ers' starting quarterback job.

In an interview with the Reno Gazette-Journal, Kaepernick responded to a reader-submitted question as to his aims for the 2012 campaign. "I plan on being in San Francisco and plan on trying to take the starting job," Kaepernick responded. "That's what your goal is as a football player."

He also added that he believes he'll get "a fair shot" at wrangling the starting job away from Smith -- who, as we know, is unsigned, but expected back. With a full spring and summer of working with Harbaugh, Roman and the rest, this could be quite a battle in training camp.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120207/COL0301/202050302/Hinxman-Q-Kaepernick-more-determined-win-starting-role-49ers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Good to see the kid is fired up about his opportunity. Anybody else think he has a realistic shot to claim the job?

i think i can win the ca state lottery too. dont mean its going to happen. we have put 7 years into alex and now that we see hes on his way lets bench him...alot of you guys are idiots.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd like to see what Kaepernick can do as a NFL QB and I see nothing wrong with this.
Gotta love that competitive spirit. Good luck youngster
Originally posted by Paul:
I'd like to see what Kaepernick can do as a NFL QB and I see nothing wrong with this.

You also enjoy looking at ugly women, therefore your post is invalid
Glad that he has a fiery competitive approach. I'm just on a wait and see with him. Not much on him so far to say yeah he definitely take the job. Hopefully it really is a "real open competition" not just talk.
Obviously its premature to say HE WILL be good or HE WON'T be good. However, that wind up he has is appalling. If it works great... but what worries me is that unlike Tebow, Kaepernick has a much longer arms. So if you think Smith has balls batted down to often just wait till CK starts. It will be interesting to see. I hope CK does well though because he is a truley gifted athlete. Am I the only one who thinks Tolzien is a dark horse though?
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
Originally posted by sfout:
Copied from ESPN Insider regarding an interview with the Reno Gazette Journal...

After a one-year internship working under Alex Smith in the Jim Harbaugh-Greg Roman school of offensive football -- and with a full offseason ahead, thanks to the lack of a lockout this year -- rising second-year pro Colin Kaepernick feels that he is ready to mount a serious challenge for the San Francisco 49ers' starting quarterback job.

In an interview with the Reno Gazette-Journal, Kaepernick responded to a reader-submitted question as to his aims for the 2012 campaign. "I plan on being in San Francisco and plan on trying to take the starting job," Kaepernick responded. "That's what your goal is as a football player."

He also added that he believes he'll get "a fair shot" at wrangling the starting job away from Smith -- who, as we know, is unsigned, but expected back. With a full spring and summer of working with Harbaugh, Roman and the rest, this could be quite a battle in training camp.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120207/COL0301/202050302/Hinxman-Q-Kaepernick-more-determined-win-starting-role-49ers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Good to see the kid is fired up about his opportunity. Anybody else think he has a realistic shot to claim the job?

i think i can win the ca state lottery too. dont mean its going to happen. we have put 7 years into alex and now that we see hes on his way lets bench him...alot of you guys are idiots.

Alex went from being hot garbage to a "safe" game managing type QB. Safe does not work forever. Ask the Titans about Kerry Collins second "safe" season. I dont think anybody is saying CK is definitely taking over, but its not an impossible task. I dont know enough about him to say yes, but Im confident he can compete.
[ Edited by 305Niner on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol what else is he going to say? "I don't think I'll be ready to start for a while. I'll just hold a clipboard."
Pre-season is going to be fun , Kap and Tolzien will both have knowledge of the system, with both QB's having a year of being exposed to the playbook , both should have better command and execute the plays well ...no excuses for sloppy QB play next year ....plus I expect Harbaugh to bring in another QB to compete in training camp, either a late round pick, or an undrafted QB
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Obviously its premature to say HE WILL be good or HE WON'T be good. However, that wind up he has is appalling. If it works great... but what worries me is that unlike Tebow, Kaepernick has a much longer arms. So if you think Smith has balls batted down to often just wait till CK starts. It will be interesting to see. I hope CK does well though because he is a truley gifted athlete. Am I the only one who thinks Tolzien is a dark horse though?

You probably have a few Tolzien fans, but to me he is another "New Alex". He is a game manager, I think he may turn out to be a decent back up but I really cant see him starting. I mean we got away with our "safe" QB season and don't think it will work again as how the defense adjusts to you. Especially with they tougher schedule.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
You probably have a few Tolzien fans, but to me he is another "New Alex". He is a game manager, I think he may turn out to be a decent back up but I really cant see him starting. I mean we got away with our "safe" QB season and don't think it will work again as how the defense adjusts to you. Especially with they tougher schedule.

Ty Detmer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
And if he can not beat out alex in a fair and square competition then I see nothing wrong with him as a back up as he continues to learn
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by valrod33:

diva your such a diva lol. i only see you post smilies and copy paste your 5 words 5 times !