LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

what would you give the first rd pick up for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sfout:
Antonio Gates is "old, fat, and slow" by his own teams account. Why in God's name would we give up a 5th WR, 2nd TE, a middle round pick and a 1st for guy who is about 3 years past his prime?!

throw the OP in the trade and i'll do it
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by sfout:
Antonio Gates is "old, fat, and slow" by his own teams account. Why in God's name would we give up a 5th WR, 2nd TE, a middle round pick and a 1st for guy who is about 3 years past his prime?!

throw the OP in the trade and i'll do it

lmao for real.
Originally posted by redniner49:
if we sign back all or free agents i offer our first round pick up with klye williams ,delanie walker ,and 2013 4rd pick up to san diego for a.gates and their 2013 3rd pick

? Why?
I hope the Rams hire you as their new GM
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Feb 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]
I'd do that for Gronkowski, not for old, slow, fatass Antonio Gates.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I'd give rounds 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the draft for Tony Romo or Philip Rivers right now.

This guy stole the thunder from the OP
Romo throwing to Gates?

Offseason spirals rapidly downhill.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:
I would let Ginn walk. We sign Deshawn Jackson. We would Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We get a better return man and a better WR. We trade out of the first round and pick up either a 2nd and 3rd or next years 1st and another 4th for this year. Draft WR, RG, & CB as our main focus. Then work on depth for the rest.

Not sure if we can get Me-shawn Jackson to buy into the whole,"The team, the team, the team" concept. For the right price, I'd give him a shot, but I really wouldn't want to break the bank for him. In my opinion, there are better WR options out there.

Plus we can probably resign Ginn for relatively cheaply. Why let him walk? It was obvious in the playoff game that we needed him.

I hope that we draft a WR or 2 instead of spending big money on one. We need youth at that position to go along with Kap/Alex/whoever our QB is.

I'm thinking for what we would have to pay to keep Ginn, let him go and put his 2-3 million towards Jackson. Crabs, Jackson, Morgan, Williams, plus draft a nice rookie for our first 5WR's. Send Jackson deep let Crabs and Davis go under and throw in a little Morgan in there somewhere. Pretty dangerous offense IMO.
Originally posted by hps49:
Antonio Gates? Are you kidding me?! LOL

LOL.....I was thinking, why not just keep the draft pick and pick Fleener? Gates is on the downside of his career, injury-prone..etc, WTF? People make the weirdest threads.
An elite WR or CB under 27 with a reasonable contract

Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
I would let Ginn walk. We sign Deshawn Jackson. We would Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We get a better return man and a better WR. We trade out of the first round and pick up either a 2nd and 3rd or next years 1st and another 4th for this year. Draft WR, RG, & CB as our main focus. Then work on depth for the rest.

Not sure if we can get Me-shawn Jackson to buy into the whole,"The team, the team, the team" concept. For the right price, I'd give him a shot, but I really wouldn't want to break the bank for him. In my opinion, there are better WR options out there.

Plus we can probably resign Ginn for relatively cheaply. Why let him walk? It was obvious in the playoff game that we needed him.

I hope that we draft a WR or 2 instead of spending big money on one. We need youth at that position to go along with Kap/Alex/whoever our QB is.

I'm thinking for what we would have to pay to keep Ginn, let him go and put his 2-3 million towards Jackson. Crabs, Jackson, Morgan, Williams, plus draft a nice rookie for our first 5WR's. Send Jackson deep let Crabs and Davis go under and throw in a little Morgan in there somewhere. Pretty dangerous offense IMO.
From a talent stand-point, I get what you're saying. And if all we had to consider was the talent, I'd be all over that like a fat kid on cake. However, Jackson's got a suspect attitude, and has developed a reputation as a "me-first" type of guy. That just doesn't fit the 49ers.

If we get Jackson, and it turns out different from what I'm thinking, I'll be as happy as can be to say I was wrong, though.
All sound good, the best one and most realistic one would be Brandon Marshall, Im happy with that one...

Just because he ain't happy and the new head coach might not want him around.

Why not trade our 4th or 5th for Sidney Rice, give him a shot,(I know we would all like to see a Rice on the team again), he is talented just needs a little work blocking.....

I would really want Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson... Damn give me the next great receivers for this generation...

If we are going to trade for a quarterback, might as well trade for Andrew Luck, give our 1st, next years 1st, with this years 2nd, 5th and 6th.... he knows the offense...

Indy is not going to part ways with Manning that easy yet, but we never know he has been around for 12 years... wouldnt trade for him...
Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson; you get the idea.
I'd give up two first round picks for Calvin Johnson. Also, I would trade our first rounder to Pittsburgh for their 3rd rounder and Mike Wallace.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AirJordanXI:
Demaryius Thomas

I might actually do that.

this
Share 49ersWebzone