1. Lott: was all about our Defense in the beginning
2. Montana: took it over like a boss
3. Rice: carried it through to the 2nd part of the Dynasty
4. S. Young: ran the ship through the 90's
5. B. Young: can't deny his ability but he was the anchor of our Defense for quite some time.
Here is a list of 49ers in the Hall of Fame. This list only includes players that were 49ers for the greater part of their playing career.
Bill Walsh (1979-1988) is not a player, but he makes the top of my list.
After Walsh the top 49ers are:
1. Ronnie Lott (1981-1990)
2 .Jerry Rice (1985-2000)
3. Joe Montana (1979-1992)
4 .Joe Perry (1948-1960, 1963)
5 .Leo Nomellini (1950-1963)
And then the rest
6.Hugh McElhenny (1952-1960)
7. Steve Young (1987-1999)
8.John Henry Johnson (1954-1956)
9.Jimmy Johnson (1961-1976)
10.Bob St. Clair (1953-1963)
11.Y.A. Tittle (1951-1960)
12. Dave Wilcox (1964-1974)
13. O.J. Simpson (1978-1979)
It should just be... Who is the 5th best 49er of all time because the first four are too obvious:
1) Jerry Rice - perhaps the best football player of all time
2) Joe Montana - perhaps the greatest QB of all time
3) Ronnie Lott - the greatest defensive back of all time
4) Steve Young - one of the best statistically ever
5) Willis, Bryant Young, Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wilcox, Joe Perry, Leo Nomillini,... take your pick
This fan site is dedicated to the 49ers and their fans. It is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its teams. All teams and players mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of the NFL. The use of any team names, words, trademarks, logos or photos have been used for descriptive purposes only. The content and information from other sites is the property of their respective owners. Player and team photos used with permission from USA TODAY Sports Images.